Aller au contenu
publicité

STM: Refonte majeure du réseau d’autobus

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Selon vous, dans le cas où l’étude sur la réalisation d’un SRB sur Henri-Bourassa serait concluante, combien de temps cela prendrait-il pour livrer un tel projet?

publicité

That seems (typically) inefficient. NY MTA’s 14th Street Busway was planned and implemented in about a year. It has been a smashing success.

image.jpeg

It was based on Toronto’s King Street Transit Priority Corridor, which also took about a year to plan and implement, and is also highly successful.

image.jpeg

While both of those are shorter than the proposed HB busway, they are both in areas that are much more dense, and with higher traffic, than HB. The street is built, the buses are running, why on earth would it take six years here? There shouldn’t be multiple BAPE and OCPM studies for converting a street to better use. Is this just another case of systemic Montreal corruption under our very eyes, everyone needing their cut? Why does it take rooms full of engineers and accountants and functionaries years and years to approve what is essentially surveying and painting lines?

13 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

That seems (typically) inefficient. NY MTA’s 14th Street Busway was planned and implemented in about a year. It has been a smashing success.

image.jpeg

It was based on Toronto’s King Street Transit Priority Corridor, which also took about a year to plan and implement, and is also highly successful.

image.jpeg

While both of those are shorter than the proposed HB busway, they are both in areas that are much more dense, and with higher traffic, than HB. The street is built, the buses are running, why on earth would it take six years here? There shouldn’t be multiple BAPE and OCPM studies for converting a street to better use. Is this just another case of systemic Montreal corruption under our very eyes, everyone needing their cut? Why does it take rooms full of engineers and accountants and functionaries years and years to approve what is essentially surveying and painting lines?

A BRT (even a light one) requires civil works. It's not just putting paint on the street like the 14th Street Busway.

Just the study for the BRT might take around a year.

Might be less than 5 years but it won't take less than two years that's for sure.

@SkahHigh I realize I sound like one of the armchair experts we see all over social media these days (like those who seem to know more about public health than the medical professionals). I apologize for that; I am trying to wrap my head around how public projects work, so anytime I ask you questions please understand that it’s with sincere curiosity and sometimes my unedited thoughts seem more like frustrated complaints when transcribed to these posts. I truly appreciate your input.

51 minutes ago, SkahHigh said:

A BRT (even a light one) requires civil works. It's not just putting paint on the street like the 14th Street Busway.

Just the study for the BRT might take around a year.

Might be less than 5 years but it won't take less than two years that's for sure.

Seems I can’t add more likes today so consider this my “👍🏼“ and I’ll double-dip tomorrow! 😉

3 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

@SkahHigh I realize I sound like one of the armchair experts we see all over social media these days (like those who seem to know more about public health than the medical professionals). I apologize for that; I am trying to wrap my head around how public projects work, so anytime I ask you questions please understand that it’s with sincere curiosity and sometimes my unedited thoughts seem more like frustrated complaints when transcribed to these posts. I truly appreciate your input.

I understand, have a nice day.

32 minutes ago, paulwillyjean said:

Quel type de travail civil est nécessaire pour le SRB Henri-Bourassa. Pour l'instant j'arrive juste à penser aux études d'impact de la circulation et possiblement la conception et le choix de l'emplacement des stations.

Parfois, il peut y avoir du réaménagement des RTU pour accommoder certains éléments comme des lampadaires et du mobilier urbain, ou bien le déploiement du système iBus à des stations au centre de l’artère (systèmes électriques)... Tout ça requiert de fermer une partie du boulevard (comme sur Pie-IX et Côte-Vertu), sans compter l'enrobé bitumineux coloré qui sera probablement appliqué.

C'est une des forces des structures aériennes comme le REM, ça revient souvent moins cher par km qu'en surface car pas besoin de se soucier des multiples défis de structures sous-terraines à être déplacées.  

Je crois que j'ai la pensée magique, mais je pense (espère :P) que la caisse va nous arriver avec une proposition  out of nowhere d'extension du REM sur Henri-Bourassa de du ruisseau jusqu'a mtl nord pour alléger la branche Est de la ligne orange.

• Like 2