Aller au contenu
publicité

La Biosphère (Dome Géodésique de Fuller)

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

J’accepte ton opinion, même si je ne le partage pas. 😄🤝

6 minutes ago, Normand Hamel said:

Je trouve le dôme géodésique beaucoup plus beau sans le revêtement d'origine. La Biosphère est beaucoup plus transparente sans la pellicule de plastique légèrement opaque qu'il y avait au début.

publicité

Oh yeah, and if we are going to renovate it fully, in my dream world the new Parc Jean-Drapeau would need a modern, automated people mover, and it’d have to go through the dome just like the Minirail!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SameGuy said:

Oh yeah, and if we are going to renovate it fully, in my dream world the new Parc Jean-Drapeau would need a modern, automated people mover, and it’d have to go through the dome just like the Minirail!

Of course it needs one. But the future belongs in the past. Even tho they recognized in their OPCMish garbage that they need better mobility in the park,  they ruled out a new minirail in favor of mini electric buses. Small people thinking small abound in every area of this beautiful city. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m going to get a season pass to Six Flags next year just so I can ride the Minirail. Nothing else, just the Minirail. 😂

I was born on the unofficial opening day of Expo, the Saturday before the grand opening.

22 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

I’m going to get a season pass to Six Flags next year just so I can ride the Minirail. Nothing else, just the Minirail. 😂

I was born on the unofficial opening day of Expo, the Saturday before the grand opening.

I got the pass last year, which was extended for free this year. Unfortunately, the minirail is idle for the whole season. Let's hope it doesnt pitouneize itself next year. Would be a darn shame.

• Like 2

il y a une heure, SameGuy a dit :

... which inspires me the following...

Just now suddenly for the first time I wonder if my parents ever regretted not being 20 year old during the Roaring Twenties!  They were born during that decade, but were obviously much too young to join in the fun.  But then, may be they were given birth just because their own parents were having this much fun!  

A certain guy that we all know sang Born in the U.S.A.  Another guy, not the same, might have been singing "Born in the Fifties", just in time to admire the eccentric car models of the late 50's/early 60's, listen to the Beatles, the Stones, etc. in their beginnings and for ever, inaugurate the Montreal Metro, spend the whole summer of '67 at the Expo, graduate at an early age, get a great job soon after, buy a nice house before reaching the age of 25.  Oh yeah!  Perfect timing it was!  😄

Yet another guy had been singing All Things Must Pass  (but unfortunately...).  And finally, just about when this one above was having his heydays heretofore, came the song entitled  Dust in the Wind (Kansas).  He (the guy singing "Born in the Fifties") could not foresee all that was to come subsequently.  By now, he finds himself unable to set a lofty goal such as yours  -- Getting a season pass to Six Flags next year.😩

written solely for your reading pleasure 

• Like 1

Le revêtement transparent original de la biosphère contrevenait aux normes de sécurité contre les incendies si je me souviens bien.  Il aurait fallu l’enlever après l’exposition de 67 j’imagine, mais on l’a gardé en place et on a vu ce qui est arrivé.  J’ai toujours espéré qu’on lui remettre un revêtement transparent neuf, mais j’ignore si c’est une question de technologie ou de budget qui l’empêche de retrouver toute sa beauté originale.