Aller au contenu
publicité

Le Roccabella - 40, 40 étages (2018)

IluvMTL

Messages recommendés

The only thing that is a bit weird to me in the Altoria penthouse is that on from the terrasse in top left corner, you have a magnificient view on... the toilet bowl. I know its the private terrase for this bedroom, but still...

Haha! Je n'avais pas remarqué!

Très drôle! Et c'est une remarque très pertinente!

publicité
If I was buying a 6M$ PH, I'd pay for my own kitchen designer and fly in some high-end finishings from all over the world. Custom made, only the best!

I doubt anyone would choose to go with the developer's basic ones.

Agreed.

I don't need that much square footage ... I am happy with my two bedroom unit :3

Nice catch, Olivier! The penthouse is gorgeous :goodvibes: There are 3 ensuite bathrooms..... How much do you think it costs :o ? 2.5 - 3 million?

With everything included and taxes, it will cost you $2.84 million.

I am pretty sure that the penthouses get special custom made finishes. But I agree with you on the size. Unless you have a family or hosting events, you don't really need more than 1800 sqft (and that's still a lot and pushing it). I can't imagine the condo fees of a 5000sqft penthouse...at 35-40 cents/sqft that is about 22k a year! in condo fees. With tax, you must be paying near 50 000$ a year just to live in it, not considering mortgage! damn...

You are very wrong! It is about $100000 (24k in condo fees and 76k in taxes, annually). Then , you must consider the tax on deed transfers, which amounts to $140000, the notarial fee, about $6000, and of course the mortgage interest.

Modifié par MALED1ZIONE

Agreed.

I don't need that much square footage ... I am happy with my two bedroom unit :3

I am pretty sure that the penthouses get special custom made finishes. But I agree with you on the size. Unless you have a family or hosting events, you don't really need more than 1800 sqft (and that's still a lot and pushing it). I can't imagine the condo fees of a 5000sqft penthouse...at 35-40 cents/sqft that is about 22k a year! in condo fees. With tax, you must be paying near 50 000$ a year just to live in it, not considering mortgage! damn...

With everything included and taxes, it will cost you $2.84 million.

You are very wrong! It is about $100000 (24k in condo fees and 76k in taxes, annually). Then , you must consider the tax on deed transfers, which amounts to $140000, the notarial fee, about $6000, and of course the mortgage interest.

How do you come with 76k in taxes a year? The 3000sqft penthouses of Le Crystal have 20k total in taxes a year....pretty far from 76k. And never heard of 6000$ notarial fees. Obivously, owning a penthouse is going to be expensive...but there's a limit to everything. I can't see people (even the rich) spending 100k+ in fees a year for a city like Montreal.

Modifié par SynosiK

How do you come with 76k in taxes a year? The 3000sqft penthouses of Le Crystal have 20k total in taxes a year....pretty far from 76k. And never heard of 6000$ notarial fees. Obivously, owning a penthouse is going to be expensive...but there's a limit to everything. I can't see people (even the rich) spending 100k+ in fees a year for a city like Montreal.

You are both correct and wrong. The taxation on the units at Crystal de la Montagne is based upon the 2009 evaluation rolls, which used the average acquisition cost of the units in the building net of taxes as a basis. Many of the units have doubled in value based on the most recent sales and will, therefore, be taxed much more heavily after 2013.

Notarial fees scale in accordance with the size and value of the property.

As for Altoria, Richard Hyland is trying to market the 35th floor penthouse for roughly $6 million plus taxes. The 5575 square foot unit includes both north and south facing terraces with a surface area totaling 1140 square feet. If you can afford to live there, enjoy! Altoria, along with Univers and Roccabella (Tour de la Montagne), will enjoy some of the most comprehensive views in the city.

I agree with Synosik,

I get teh feeling that the 76,000$ in taxes is somewhat high. 25,000 to 35,000$ in taxes for a 2.8 million$ unit is more likely.

You misunderstood. The $76000 (municipal and school taxes) refers to the 35th floor of the Altoria. Par contre, aucun penthouse n’est déjà vendu. Alors, la valeur cadastrale sera établie à partir des ventes aux étages inferieurs. Si on présume une valeur approximative de $575 au pied carré, on arriverait à un niveau de taxation de 41000$. Mais, ce niveau se grimpera graduellement à 76000$ ou plus à partir de l’année 2017.

The north side penthouse on the 38th floor of the Roccabella measures 2600 square feet and includes a 1366 square foot terrace. The total tax amounts to 1.27% of the assessed value. For this unit, the total is about $36000.

If it ends up being 147m, it'll have one hell of a view looking East and North.

That's what I was about to say, the north penthouse will have great views north and east due to the setback in the 1250RL and the fact that icone doesn't go all the way to Drummond.

Southwest (Fleuve St. Laurent), West (Westmount) and North (Mont Royal) should be completely unobstructed as Roccabella will easily clear the Icône. Northeast will be blocked by the CIBC tower. However, there should be a nice view of Boulevard René Lévesque (Downtown).

Modifié par MALED1ZIONE