Aller au contenu

Montreal, nos photos pêle-mêle ​ ​

Philippe

Messages recommendés

Bonjour les gars, voici mes photos que j'ai pris la semaine passée. J'aimerais photo-documenter le Decarie, donc cette semaine j'ai commencé. J'ai introduit des titre et les textes pour mes photos, mais je n'avais pas de temps pour écrite en français. Mais, éventuellement, je vais avoir le texte dans le deux langues.

A few random shots by me. A difference in my photo this time is that I now give a title + a few sentences explaining the photos.

Molson Bank Building's Clock: I took very special interest in this clock. It looked really nice, and something rare in Montreal so I felt I should photograph it. It was a bit hard to photograph it because of the brightness of the clock. This was the shot I liked the most.

I came home, and tried to research the clock, but I was surprised to not find much about the clock or its origins. Maybe I will go into the building in the weekdays, and ask them directly or perhaps inquire at Heritage Montreal.

6064269632_93ba31ac4e_z.jpg

Molson Bank Building's Clock by Ashokan, on Flickr

Decarie: The following photo is a series of photo I am trying to photo-document about the Decarie. I enjoyed expressways so much. I believe they the arteries of the cities, they make the city run at the speed it does.

I grew up in Cote Des Niege, and the Decarie has been always interesting to me. As a child, I enjoyed so much walking over the Decarie and standing one of its many bridges and looking at the car, but I never dare go across the Decarie to the NDG section. It is strange, but as a child, I have seen Decarie as a barrier between both these neighborhood in Montreal.

Decarie: Avenue Royalmount looking South: One of the reason I wanted to take this shot is to show our language. When I go into a different area outside of Quebec, the first thing I notice is the English signs, and so I thought it would be interesting to showcase signs where we have Rue and Chemins instead of Drive and Roads.

6064147626_a86dbaa03b_z.jpg

Decarie: Avenue Royalmount looking South by Ashokan, on Flickr

Decarie: Avenue Royalmount looking North

6064243664_3f222b26a2_z.jpg

Decarie: Avenue Royalmount looking North by Ashokan, on Flickr

I took this shot because I like the angle so much, several years ago, I took a similar angled shot. You may visit it to see a comparison here: <a href=" De La Savane Metro Station">www.flickr.com/photos/ashokashok/399782999/in/photostream</a>

De La Savane's 'Calcite': I love the metal sculpture in this station so much. One of the reason why I enjoy it so much is because the space in the station is normal to say the very least. It follows patterns and it keeps a low profile, then suddently, a burst into the space - it is the Calcite by sculpture Maurice Lemieux. It just gives the space a much more dynamic feel.

6063671693_09ba1ff5ce_z.jpg

De La Savane's 'Calcite' by Ashokan, on Flickr

Une deuxième essai...

A few random shots by me. A difference in my photo this time is that I now give a title + a few sentences explaining the photos.

Molson Bank Building's Clock: I took very special interest in this clock. It looked really nice, and something rare in Montreal so I felt I should photograph it. It was a bit hard to photograph it because of the brightness of the clock. This was the shot I liked the most.

I came home, and tried to research the clock, but I was surprised to not find much about the clock or its origins. Maybe I will go into the building in the weekdays, and ask them directly or perhaps inquire at Heritage Montreal.

6064269632_93ba31ac4e_z.jpg

Molson Bank Building's Clock by Ashokan, on Flickr

Decarie: The following photo is a series of photo I am trying to photo-document about the Decarie. I enjoyed expressways so much. I believe they the arteries of the cities, they make the city run at the speed it does.

I grew up in Cote Des Niege, and the Decarie has been always interesting to me. As a child, I enjoyed so much walking over the Decarie and standing one of its many bridges and looking at the car, but I never dare go across the Decarie to the NDG section. It is strange, but as a child, I have seen Decarie as a barrier between both these neighborhood in Montreal.

Decarie: Avenue Royalmount looking South: One of the reason I wanted to take this shot is to show our language. When I go into a different area outside of Quebec, the first thing I notice is the English signs, and so I thought it would be interesting to showcase signs where we have Rue and Chemins instead of Drive and Roads.

6064147626_a86dbaa03b_z.jpg

Decarie: Avenue Royalmount looking South by Ashokan, on Flickr

Decarie: Avenue Royalmount looking North

6064243664_3f222b26a2_z.jpg

Decarie: Avenue Royalmount looking North by Ashokan, on Flickr

I took this shot because I like the angle so much, several years ago, I took a similar angled shot. You may visit it to see a comparison here: <a href=" De La Savane Metro Station">www.flickr.com/photos/ashokashok/399782999/in/photostream</a>

De La Savane's 'Calcite': I love the metal sculpture in this station so much. One of the reason why I enjoy it so much is because the space in the station is normal to say the very least. It follows patterns and it keeps a low profile, then suddently, a burst into the space - it is the Calcite by sculpture Maurice Lemieux. It just gives the space a much more dynamic feel.

6063671693_09ba1ff5ce_z.jpg

De La Savane's 'Calcite' by Ashokan, on Flickr

• 4 semaines plus tard...