Aller au contenu

Royalmount

denpanosekai

Messages recommendés

https://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/6af5c1bd-addc-4eb0-bd8b-8e17734fd268__7C___0.html

http://www.lcattertonrealestate.com/Developments.html#!/current/x/royalmount

http://carbonleo.com/?releases=l-catterton-real-estate-sallie-a-carbonleo-pour-que-montreal-accueille-un-projet-immobilier-multifonctionnel-nouvelle-generation

L. Catterton Real Estate Est un investisseur important dans le Royalmount et je me doute que c’est fort probablement au sein de la première phase de ce projet (dont le centre commercial) qui est actuellement en construction. Ce fonds d’investissement privé appartient au groupe LVMH, donc c’est largement certain que ce partenariat avec Carbonleo est très significatif pour entre autre le développement de commerces «  de luxe » .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gabi20442 said:

Groupe LVMH (Louis Vuitton, Givenchy et compagnie...)

Given its proximity to the MCMansions in TMR and Bois Franc not to mention Hampstead, I can totally see that.  It would be a great location for flagship stores that would rather not be right downtown.

• Like 2

^ Yorkdale is a good example - where there were a large number of stores that were Canadian firsts.

Though they already exist in Montreal area, you could expect things like Sporting Life and Zara Home

Maybe stores that are not currently stand alone here like Burberry or Dyson

Hopefully things like a CheeseCake Factory and Disney Store which would be new

None of which would be advantaged by being downtown

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Né entre les rapides said:

I am intrigued, so please explain.  All I can think of is Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills as opposed to DT L.A.

That’s actually a pretty interesting comment, as LA/SoCal is unlike any other metropolis on earth. I don’t know of anyone who considers staying in a hotel or finding an apartment in DTLA, preferring instead any of a number of satellite “activity centres.”

Montreal is more like a junior version of major cities like Toronto, New York or even Tokyo: they still all have an active and appealing central business district, but lots of business, commercial, retail and tourist activity are migrating to satellite centres (some of which were perhaps separate cities that were devoured by metropolises as they sprawled). We use the names of the main city for familiarity, but I know when I’m staying in Shinjuku, shopping in Roppongi and dining in Shibuya, I’m experiencing Tokyo. LA’s multiple identity syndrome, on the other hand, is much more evident: nobody goes to the beach in LA, it’s Santa Monica (or Redondo, or Malibu, or...), they go to Disneyland in Anaheim, window shopping in Beverly Hills, etc. But Tokyo, like LA, like New York, grew over time and these unique cities or attractions had identities before being enveloped by the main cities.

So while Montreal’s overall boom is definitely giving some suburbs a recognition boost, and perhaps even a growing identity, very little of it has been organic. People don’t come to Montreal to shop at Dix30 or Brossard or Centropolis or whatever, and as flashy as it may eventually be, I don’t imagine Royalmount will ever be a tourist destination itself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Il y a 2 heures, SameGuy a dit :

So while Montreal’s overall boom is definitely giving some suburbs a recognition boost, and perhaps even a growing identity, very little of it has been organic. People don’t come to Montreal to shop at Dix30 or Brossard or Centropolis or whatever, and as flashy as it may eventually be, I don’t imagine Royalmount will ever be a tourist destination itself. 

I don't think that's the point: being a tourist destination by itself.

Je crois que l'avantage de RoyalMount serait sur 2 niches:

1. Centre d'activité régionale (toute la portion ouest de l'île, possiblement même l'ouest de Laval si c'est plus intéressant que le Carrefour + Centropolis) + VMR, St-Laurent, Ahuntsic, etc.
  2. Destination pour les voyageurs du YUL qui ont une longue période de connection: 4-5 heures et plus.