Aller au contenu
publicité

TOM Condos - 42 étages (2019)

monctezuma

Messages recommendés

Y aurait bien aussi le projet de Tour Desjardins (40 étages +-) proche du spectrum, mais c'est loin d'University malgré tout.

Ou le Vue/Marriott sur RL (aussi 40 étages), mais même remarque pour University.

C'est surement TOM.

Piouuffff... On se perd dans tous nos projets 40+ ! :silly:;)

publicité
  • Réponses 2,4k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Hi all, first post here :)

I was wondering what all of you think about this project?

I'm looking into getting a unit here, but the lack of high-floor terrasse and pool is making me consider... Instead of turning the top of the basiliaire into common space, they are selling it to private buyers, using the 4th floor as common space instead (to make/save money I suppose). On the other hand, the standard material offered for the bathroom/kitchen seem quite good. Also, Pandev seems to only have one other project in Montreal and it's hard to find anything about them.

I'm not sure what to think about this project. Since I figured there are a lot of condo experts around here, some comments/advices would be very much appreciated. :)

Actually I forgot to specify - I did read the 27 pages of the thread, but mostly comments of the looks of the building. Is there anyone who has visited the project and would have any comments on buying there as a place to live in?

By the way, the sales rep told me there's 25% sold right now. One Indian family bought 6 of the 625 square feet units (!!) and now the smaller units at the front are all sold out. Only a few units at 700+ square feet remain. On the back the units are much cheaper - about 366$/square feet before taxes.

Thanks for sharing sales info Chyuki and welcome to Mtlurb!

My personal opinion is this one will give you better bang for your buck than the much more beautiful Icone. No doubt materials will be cheaper and so forth, but I tend to think the money you'll save (vs an equivalent unit at one of the many other proposed highrises) could be used to ''upgrade'' any of the features you may not be thrilled about... in your unit of course.

Assuming you're from here/familiar with the city, you're aware this project will be among a handful of brand-spanking new high-rises in the heart of downtown. I mean, even if it's the most 'economical' out of the bunch, many folks (here and elsewhere) would still consider the prime location/ tallness/ newness of the project to be pretty killer. For me, I'm not that interested in living downtown and prefer something slightly bigger in neighboring areas. But I really wouldn't mind living in Tom or any other of the new skyscraper projects. I'd expect the experience there to be ''as advertised'', that is highly cosmopolitan living at the heart of everything.

Depending on how decent the views/sunlight are from the ''back units'' I'd say 255,000$ for a nice, 700sf place in that location is quite fair.

For comparison's sake, I just bought a new unit corner fairmount and saint-laurent (mile end, a good 10 minute drive from dt) 750sf 3 1/2 for 210,000$, and I consider it to have been a steal. Then again I love the area.

All I can comment on is that normally owners of condos with pools all end up regretting it later. The upkeep seems to be a bitch and high costs of repair sometimes is a sticking point when you want to resell. When buying a condo, you should look at the owner/investor ratio. I wouldn't want to live in a building with a high number of investor owned units.

It is hard to have meetings and consensus. Also, they tend to rent them out to losers who don't care about the building.

Welcome to the forum.

Je suis passé au bureau de vente du TOM en fin de semaine : je voulais admirer la maquette. Le représentant qui était en service (et qui nous suit sur MTLURB) m'a affirmé qu'ils en sont à 27% pour les ventes. Encore 24% et ils pourront songer sérieusement à démarrer le projet.

All I can comment on is that normally owners of condos with pools all end up regretting it later. The upkeep seems to be a bitch and high costs of repair sometimes is a sticking point when you want to resell. When buying a condo, you should look at the owner/investor ratio. I wouldn't want to live in a building with a high number of investor owned units.

It is hard to have meetings and consensus. Also, they tend to rent them out to losers who don't care about the building.

Welcome to the forum.

I completely agree with peekay. Unfortunately, condo projects that are considered "high-end" such as Icone and Rocabella need to have a swimming pool, or else they do not truly provide a living experience that befits the term "high-end". At least the recent "high-end" projects have a decent amount of units to share the condo fees and repair costs!

Même pas besoin d'aller dans le haut-de-gamme pour avoir une piscine, de nos jours. Pratiquement tous les projets d'une certaine taille ont une piscine. Il ne faut pas oublier que les Québécois raffolent des piscines, je crois qu'il y a vraiment une demande de la part du consommateur, malgré les inconvénients. Enfin, au moins, si le projet est assez gros, les frais sont dilués à travers tous les propriétaires (une piscine pour plus de 100 personnes, il me semble que c'est gérable :P).