publicité

Messages recommendés

publicité
  • Réponses 29
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

I, for one am proud to be Québécois.

I agree with that statement, i'm very proud of being a Québecker, but I will admit that the mentality that our society can have on certain topics can frustrate me!

Je trouve qu'il y a trop de gens "chicken shit" ici!;):D

I'm certainly a proud Montrealer but I can't bring myself to say that I'm either a proud Canadian or a proud Quebecker. (In fact, I don't even consider myself to be a real Quebecker, since my experience of this province is limited entirely to Montreal. Similarly, even though I grew up in Calgary, I never considered myself to be an Albertan. Alberta means nothing to me.)

I'm proud of certain things in Canada, but I'm also deeply ashamed of and disillusioned by others. To be proud of an abstract political entity just strikes me as being a bit silly.

^^ you are the living proof that we are unable as a country to define ourselves as unite.

Gotta give that to the americans, they are all proud to be americans, they don'T describe themselves primarily as californians or pensylvanians.

• Administrateur

KT: you just proved my point, I am a very proud Montrealer first and foremost.

When people ask me where I am from, I just say Montreal and thats it.

I'm proud of certain things in Canada, but I'm also deeply ashamed of and disillusioned by others. To be proud of an abstract political entity just strikes me as being a bit silly.

Being from a country is far more than to belong to a common abstract political entity. Any country is far more than that : it's the addition of so many things. I'm surprised to see myself saying that to you !!

What you feel about your country is probably how anyone is feeling about any country.

Gotta give that to the americans, they are all proud to be americans, they don'T describe themselves primarily as californians or pensylvanians.

Oh really? I know some Americans who might disagree with you. Some of my friends, for instance...

At best, even if every American is proud to be "American," they each have a different conception of what it is to be American. The Southerner's conception of Americanness is entirely different than that of the New Englander or the Californian.

Being from a country is far more than to belong to a common abstract political entity. Any country is far more than that : it's the addition of so many things. I'm surprised to see myself saying that to you !!

What you feel about your country is probably how anyone is feeling about any country.

Of course, and as I said I am very proud of certain things about Canada, just as I am proud of certain things about Quebec. But I don't necessarily feel proud to be a Canadian, full stop. To me that entails a certain tacit acceptance of everything that is wrong with this country.