Aller au contenu

monctezuma

Messages recommendés

It's mostly the fact that we are living in a society that is too much based on consumerism. I too, am on a budget this year. Not specifically because of the economy but anyway I have to watch my spendings very carefully -up to the point that I might no be able to make any gifts at all to anyone (but my son). I just hope that my friend and family will understand. The fact that I have doubts regarding their reaction is symptomatic of a society that want you to think that the amount of love you have for somebody is based on the number of gifts or the value of the gift.

What about love ? Of course I wouldn't think like that if I wouldn't have any budgetary limit, obviously. However, how many people, how many families around the world this holiday season will have a similar thinking ? Millions certainly. For so many of them, not being able to spend as much as before for gifts will be profoundly depresssing.

In the end, I'd say that it's not worth crushing people to death just to have the opportunity of a good deal at Wal-Mart. It simply shows that our society is sick -that our values are wrong.

I agree that Christmas is overly-commercial. I always feel really bad for the kids who don't get any presents on Christmas morning. It is completely unfair that poorer children might get absolutely nothing while a spoiled rich kid gets a third motored go-kart. I knew a lot of spoiled kids when I was growing up and they were most often unhappy people. You're a great father to get you son a present despite having difficulties making ends meet. If I was in your shoes, I would probably do the same thing even if it meant offending some friends and relatives.

I hope that your friends and family won't be hurt if you can't afford to buy everyone a present. Although frankly, I don't think that adults need to receive Christmas gifts that much. Personally, anything I want I can buy myself, and anything that I want and can't afford, nobody else can afford to give me either. Although I won't deny that I love opening something on Christmas morning.

Christmas is a holiday that is most special for children. The fact that grown men and women are trampling minimum-wage making employees to save $15 on a 52 inch plasma TV (as a gift to themselves) is disgusting. You usually don't buy a gift for someone you care about at Wal-Mart.

I can't believe Wal-Mart isnT' being taken to court by the State of New-York. HTeir complete disregard fo their employees livbes is appaling. THe fact that it has already hapenned before in the past makes be believe even more that this company should be held responsible!