mtlurb

Messages recommendés

publicité
  • Réponses 4,6k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

il y a 12 minutes, Rocco a dit :

Les photos des artistes de jazz dans les fenêtres ont été enlevées.

Ce qui redonne à l'édifice son air d'ancienne manufacture. Ce que je trouve de formidable de ces rénovations, qui sont par ailleurs elle-mêmes déjà anciennes, c'est l'interface avec la rue: c'est très moderne et superbement aéré. Le corollaire de ça c'est que cela a pour effet d'ouvrir un large panorama sur la place des Festivals pour ceux qui se trouvent à l'intérieur, notamment pour les clients du Blumenthal.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

7 hours ago, Normand Hamel said:

J'adore cette photo. Quel bel escalier-gradin!

IMG_1218.thumb.jpeg.0e16e3486d567804a654a164e1b39026.jpg

That’s why I ask to imagine a continuation of this across the street, in place of Starbucks et al, at an angle that emulates an “amphitheatre”* for the top of the PdF.

*“amphi” in its colloquial use; a half-bowl is just a theatre.

• Like 1

Il y a 5 heures, SameGuy a dit :

That’s why I ask to imagine a continuation of this across the street, in place of Starbucks et al, at an angle that emulates an “amphitheatre”* for the top of the PdF.

*“amphi” in its colloquial use; a half-bowl is just a theatre.

Is it not what some of the renderings are more or less suggesting within the ongoing constrains ?

1.jpg

2.png

• Like 1

Yes, but that “escalier-gradin” looks at the wall behind the Starbucks. I ask to imagine what might have been if somebody — not necessarily Devimco/Maestria — acquired the lot with the maisonnettes and rebuilt it. Perhaps another small building up to Balmoral with nice, clean and well-designed façades on three sides, and a continuation of the gradins? The side parallel to Balmoral could offer a café-terrasse worthy of this welcoming new piazza. I just think it’s a missed opportunity.

il y a 3 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

Yes, but that “escalier-gradin” looks at the wall behind the Starbucks. I ask to imagine what might have been if somebody — not necessarily Devimco/Maestria — acquired the lot with the maisonnettes and rebuilt it.

It's always been quite obvious to me that this future escalier-gradin is looking at the wall behind the Starbucks. That's exactly what I have been trying to convey to the Protect the Maisons Committee for years now. And that's the reason I was using the word "suggesting" in the same sens you are using the word "imagine" to convey to us the extraordinary potential of this site. In fact I always thought it was Devimco's intention from the start. But what if the owner doesn't want to sell at the price Devimco would find acceptable? Is greed involved here, or is the promoter too cheap to lay down the money?  

• Thanks 1