Aller au contenu

FYNA - 10 étages

LexD

Messages recommendés

• 4 semaines plus tard...
On 2020-09-02 at 4:56 PM, Anderson said:

Je vais me faire lancer des tomates mais bon. L'immeuble est ok mais le quartier, ouf! C'est :

-Impersonnel : les édifices sont déconnectés de la rue car entourés d'un désert de stationnements et de gazon. Regardez le StreetView des immeubles d'en face. De la rue, on voit un talus de gazon puis du stationnement.

-Rébarbatif, voir dangereux : la rue est surdimensionnée.

-Pas conviviale : la trame de rue est faite pour des géants, les quadrilataire sont démesurés. 

-Ni pratique, ni invitant : pas de commerces de proximité, pas de restos ou terrasses.

En bref, des bungalows sur stéroïde.

Et ce n'est même pas dense. Regardez toute la perte d'espace. J'imagine que les règlements de la Ville force ce type d'implantation : normes de recul, case de stationnement, zonage à usage unique, etc.

Capture.PNG

Vous n'avez pas tort, mais vous devez tenir compte qu'il s'agissait à l'origine d'un endroit industriel (industrie légère) qui commence lentement à être changé pour un usage résidentiel. Pointe-Claire's master plan is now zoning most of that area as residential so that's why we are seeing residential development on the north side of Hymus. It's not easy to change an industrial area to a lively, dense residential area filled with stores, etc overnight. As more residents move in the area will continue to change. Blvd St Jean is not far (it's walkable) and there are plenty of stores and services there. There is also Lakeshore Hospital close by which obviously offers a key service for the senior residences. There are also parks and schools behind the senior's residences. In short, it's an area going through a transition, will be interesting to see what it looks like in 10 years!

• Like 1

I’d like to see the revised master plan issued in early 2017, before Fairview’s REM location was finalized. The drawing I posted in the station’s thread still shows its location closer to Simons and in the Fairview/Reno parking lot east of Avenue Fairview, and also shows train’s originally-proposed trajectory along Avenue Holiday and crossing diagonally in front of the Holiday Inn before traversing the 40. I’m pretty sure IC/CF have already filed their applications for the land development near the station and future phases of the Fairview mall’s redevelopment.

• 1 année plus tard...