Aller au contenu

Monarc (Cavendish et Thimens) - 6 à 13 étages

sim

Messages recommendés

• 1 mois plus tard...

It’s really a great location and a bit of a gold mine for the developer. It’s kind of a longish walk to the REM station, but there are plenty of buses and I’m sure the bus routes will be adjusted in time for the opening in 2024. There is so much potential nearby.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SameGuy said:

It’s really a great location and a bit of a gold mine for the developer. It’s kind of a longish walk to the REM station, but there are plenty of buses and I’m sure the bus routes will be adjusted in time for the opening in 2024. There is so much potential nearby.

Except for those power lines: a real eyesore.

• Thanks 1

Il y a 1 heure, SameGuy a dit :

Relativement à sa localisation:

- D'accord qu'elle est très bonne sous plusieurs rapports.  La distance avec la  station du REM la plus proche n'est certes  pas négligeable, mais je  pense que cela ne serait pas une considération pour beaucoup de futurs occupants, pour lesquels prime la proximité et/ou la facilité d'accès aux très nombreux emplois et aux autres centres d'intérêts dans le secteur et ses prolongements au sud et à l'ouest.  

- Plus généralement, je crois remarquer que des sites vacants  (ou qui le sont devenus) qui étaient originalement destinés à des fonctions industrielles ou commerciales sont dorénavant plus attractifs pour la fonction résidentielle.  Le site en question se trouve justement "à cheval" sur une zone de transition entre les deux.  Sur tout le territoire de l'arrondissement (ex-ville) de Saint-Laurent, les plus récents développements ont été résidentiels  -- par exemple Bois-Franc sur le site de l'ancien aéroport de Cartierville, ainsi que le secteur autour du Parc Dr Bernard Paquel au nord-ouest.

4 hours ago, SameGuy said:

I went to check out phase 1 and based on their pricing the developers agree with you lol... worth it if you were buying to live in but not worth it for investment purposes (unless you're prepared to lose money for 5 years)

• Like 1

• 2 mois plus tard...
Le 2021-08-14 à 22:04, budgebandit a dit :

I went to check out phase 1 and based on their pricing the developers agree with you lol... worth it if you were buying to live in but not worth it for investment purposes (unless you're prepared to lose money for 5 years)

I just love the way you characterize the price level!

Now, for investment purposes: it is quite common to face a cashflow shortfall (deficit) in the first few years of a residential real estate investment.  It may appear that you are losing money, but the market value of your property may accrue by more than your operating losses during that period.  And your cashflow will gradually improve as rents go upwards.  

This does not imply that any real estate investment is fine at whatever price you pay.  Judgement is required.  Compare with the prices and cashflow projections of other properties on the market.  Do not fail to take into account the age of the properties (and the ensuing renovation costs in the future), as well as the trendiness (or lack thereof) of the neighborough.