Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Nom: 1200 McGill College

Hauteur en étages: 24

Hauteur en mètres: 84

Bonjour à tous! Je suis un lecteur d'MtlUrb depuis un an maintenant. J'adore la passion que tout le monde ici a pour l'architecture à Montréal, même si elle est négative parfois! :P

Je suis bilingue, mais je préfère écrire en anglais, donc vous pouvez me répondre en anglais ou en français. Merci!

La Tour Rogers in the state that it is today is a disgrace to McGill College, one of the most beautiful streets in Montreal. If you are not familiar with the rusted and faded building, here it is:

Tour_Rogers_02.jpg

Bellow is my vision to refresh 1200 McGill College. The renders were created in Revit 2017, I'm studying to be architectural technologist and making these renders are a part of the job. The renderings that usually come with a proposal are created by a team with very powerful computers. I made these renders on my laptop at home in my free time, I still think it turned out well:

trest.png

In my vision, the bronze aluminum sections of the elevations would be replaced by a silver aluminum. This finish would be nearly identical to the finish on Place ville Marie, I think that would be a noteworthy integration. The windows would be replaced with black reflective windows, like the ones being installed on the new Holiday Inn on R.L.

step.jpg

For the brick section, I would replace the brick with black prefab concrete slabs like the ones on Tour Des Canadiens. I also chose to add a billboard that would be used to advertise CityTv and Breakfast Television Montreal (I wanted to put a screen under the billboard, but didn't). This is done on the CityTv building in Toronto:

CITY-TV_OMNI_building.JPG

I know some of you hate prefab and billboards, but I think in this situation they add character to a TV studio building. :stirthepot:

ad.jpg

kk.jpg

last.jpg

I did not do any design work on the commercial section facing St Catherines, so in the render it is just a glass box. If you have any ideas for the vision, let me know! If I have free time, maybe I will add some suggestions and post new renders. Thank you!

Nice work Mondo_Grosso!

I prefer your version than the one I see everyday ! I like the billboards and advertising Screens(like the ones in Times Square)

Modifié par Ju HG

As an architect myself I agree with you that the Rogers Building is a complete disgrace. May I suggest that you propose this to the Rogers execs for consideration?

You propose to reclad the entire building, It would be very interesting to see what it could look like if you change the height of the windows (ie, taller windows), similar to what they are doing at 500 de Maisonneuve.

Otherwise, nice job! Revit can be hard on the nerves sometimes, but believe me, it is well worth the time to learn it properly !!

Nice work!!! Send this to Denis Coderre or something.

Le maire de Montréal n'a rien à faire dans ce dossier, ce sont les propriétaires de l'édifice qui sont exclusivement concernés et qu'il faudra convaincre. Ce n'est malheureusement pas évident, puisque ces travaux nécessiteront d'importants investissements, qu'il faudra ensuite amortir sur plusieurs années, tout en demeurant compétitif.

Cela dit, tout est possible et il n'est pas interdit de rêver. Entretemps c'est une belle vision, bravo pour son auteur, que j'encourage à envoyer son ébauche à qui de droit, et nous donner des nouvelles, le cas échéant. :thumbsup:

As an architect myself I agree with you that the Rogers Building is a complete disgrace. May I suggest that you propose this to the Rogers execs for consideration?

You propose to reclad the entire building, It would be very interesting to see what it could look like if you change the height of the windows (ie, taller windows), similar to what they are doing at 500 de Maisonneuve.

Otherwise, nice job! Revit can be hard on the nerves sometimes, but believe me, it is well worth the time to learn it properly !!

Thank you and everyone else for the kind words, it's nice to see people appreciate it! Maybe I will send them a copy, maybe it will inspire them to see that so many people notice the state if the building.

I will try out some of your suggestions in the project and post an update, thanks for the feedback!

Pourquoi pas un ecran 5LED geant comme a Time Square sur la colonne (toute la hauteur)? C'est un prime advertising estate sur St-Cat et on ne verrait pas le reste a a cause de la programmation de grande qualitee de Roger communication. Un mur vert serait aussi une idee.