Aller au contenu
publicité

Quartier Sainte-Marie (Faubourgs Est): projets et nouvelles

IluvMTL

Messages recommendés

[ATTACH]27789[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27790[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27791[/ATTACH]

Installer des parois pour accommoder des plantations sur une partie des piliers en acier

339b472c22be2f30ca98d2c8ab886330.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Modifié par IluvMTL

publicité

En ce qui a trait au pont J-C, à cause de sa structure en acier, il faut être prudent et ne pas laisser la végétation l'envahir, pour ne pas nuire à son indispensable entretien (peinture notamment). Quant aux piliers de béton, il serait peut-être plus sage de ne pas les recouvrir non plus, car la moindre fissure pourrait cacher un vice ou une détérioration que le gel pourrait aggraver avec le temps. Donc le recouvrement n'est pas toujours indiqué sous notre climat, surtout pour un pont qui traverse un fleuve comme le St-Laurent et dont la solidité est essentielle pour assurer la sécurité de tous les usagers, au dessus comme en dessous.

En ce qui a trait au pont J-C, à cause de sa structure en acier, il faut être prudent et ne pas laisser la végétation l'envahir, pour ne pas nuire à son indispensable entretien (peinture notamment). Quant aux piliers de béton, il serait peut-être plus sage de ne pas les recouvrir non plus, car la moindre fissure pourrait cacher un vice ou une détérioration que le gel pourrait aggraver avec le temps. Donc le recouvrement n'est pas toujours indiqué sous notre climat, surtout pour un pont qui traverse un fleuve comme le St-Laurent et dont la solidité est essentielle pour assurer la sécurité de tous les usagers, au dessus comme en dessous.

Comme dans la vidéo, les plantations seront semés dans un tissu avec des pochettes sur un dispositif /parois, pas directement sur la structure (en acier). Alors ça sera possible de déplacer (les sections) pour faire des inspections ou de l’entretien.

Modifié par IluvMTL

• 2 semaines plus tard...
How is Quartier Sainte Marie? A nice place to live?

To answer that question properly I would need your criteria. Also which part of Sainte-Marie you are thinking of?

Pole Frontenac and Pole Papineau are very different. The latter one is where I live, just east of the bridge. Although a few condo buildings have gone up since 2007 (Square Cartier, Le Courant, Spark), the area has quite a few big employeurs (Saq, CSN, SQ...). Because of this it is actually busier during the day. Come 18h, it is so quiet you'd think you were living in the burbs. Hardly a soul on the streets. I like that.

St-Cat east of the bridge doesn't have many businesses or stores, so not much activity in the evening except for La Cordée. Things are starting to change though. Le Comptoir du Chef Seghie opened a couple of months ago and is planning to stay open later.

A gaming store just opened east of De Lormier. It's called Geekittude or something. If Quais de Lormier goes through that will be a game-changer for this area. In the meantime there is a Épicerie Metro, Fruit Store and Pharmacie Brunet just west of the bridge. So the basics are close by. An SAQ is one notable exception, but there are 2 in the Village. One last thing, I am a fan of the Village du Pied-du-Courant which is just down the street from me.

Pole Frontenac is more established and residential and rue Ontario is getting a facelift. I much prefer living close to Metro Papineau, living in the shadow of the bridge..... Downtown, Old Montreal, parc Lafontaine.....all very walkable.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Modifié par IluvMTL

To answer that question properly I would need your criteria. Also which part of Sainte-Marie you are thinking of?

Pole Frontenac and Pole Papineau are very different. The latter one is where I live, just east of the bridge. Although a few condo buildings have gone up since 2007 (Square Cartier, Le Courant, Spark), the area has quite a few big employeurs (Saq, CSN, SQ...). Because of this it is actually busier during the day. Come 18h, it is so quiet you'd think you were living in the burbs. Hardly a soul on the streets. I like that.

St-Cat east of the bridge doesn't have many businesses or stores, so not much activity in the evening except for La Cordée. Things are starting to change though. Le Comptoir du Chef Seghie opened a couple of months ago and is planning to stay open later and a gaming store just opened east of De Lormier. It's called Geekittude or something. If Quais de Lormier goes through that will be a game-changer for this area. In the meantime there is a Épicerie Metro, Fruit Store and Pharmacie Brunet just west of the bridge. So the basics are close by. An SAQ is one notable exception, but there are 2 in the Village. One last thing, I am a fan of the Village du Pied-du-Courant which is just down the street from me.

Pole Frontenac is more established and residential and rue Ontario is getting a facelift. I much prefer living close to Metro Papineau, living in the shadow of the bridge..... Downtown, Old Montreal, parc Lafontaine.....all very walkable.

Thank you for that. I found a place near Station Frontenac.

Thank you for that. I found a place near Station Frontenac.

Welcome to the area ! We're distant neighbours... Lots of new little shops opening along that strip of Ontario. Then there are the old favorites west of Frontenac, the hippieish Cafe Touski (great back yard eating area under the trees) and the family-run Mexican resto La Guadeloupe.

Modifié par IluvMTL

Liens Facebook de 2 nouveaux commerces sur la rue Sainte-Catherine, entre l'avenue De Lorimier et la rue Parthenais.

COMPTOIR DE CHEF SERGHEI (plusieurs spécialités italiennes)

Comptoir de Chef Serghei

GEEKITTUDE (jeux de vidéo )

Geekittude

La boutique de jeux de vidéo est juste à côté de

LES ARTISANS D'AZURE (costumes et accessoires médiévaux)

Les Artisans d'Azure

Modifié par IluvMTL