Aller au contenu

pedepy

Messages recommendés

i'm posting this cause i can't seem to find any information about it on ssp, emporis, or anywhere else for that matter; i stumbled upon it by "accident" searching for something else on google the other day, and so far, all the news site that mention this project all seem to be from china, india or elsewhere in asia:

http://www.todayonline.com/World/EDC101209-0000196/Wuhan-to-have-worlds-3rd-tallest-building

Wuhan to have world's 3rd-tallest building

SHANGHAI - The Shanghai Greenland Group yesterday said it will invest 30 billion yuan ($5.9 billion) to develop the world's third-tallest building in Wuhan and reported revenue that will help rival the nation's biggest publicly traded developer.

The company, set up in 1992 after former Chinese leader Deng Xiaoping's historic tour of southern provinces, will build the 606m Wuhan Greenland Centre in the central Chinese city. The three million sq m property will include luxury hotels and apartments and a conference centre when it is completed in five years, it said.

"Wuhan is a very important city in central China," company chairman and president Zhang Yuliang said in an interview in Wuhan. "It's transiting from a regional centre to an international city - it has a huge market potential and it's necessary to construct a landmark building here."

The new building in Wuhan, located about 900km west of Shanghai, will be higher than the 492m World Financial Centre in Shanghai, now the tallest tower in China. It will only be dwarfed by the 632m Shanghai Tower, scheduled to be completed in 2014, and the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, the world's tallest at 828m.

Wuhan was ranked by ECA International this month as Asia's 25th most expensive city for expatriates, beating locations including Mumbai and Kuala Lumpur. Bloomberg

wuhan.jpg

I had a very good history teacher when I was at CEGEP.

He said that the 18th century belonged to the French, the 19th century belonged to the British, the 20th century belonged to the Americans and the 21st century will belong to China. Doesn't seem so far off to me. When you look at who is building the biggest, fastest, etc of everything, these days it is China. I am guessing that the transition for China from #2/#3 power in the world to the clear #1 will be somewhere around 2030-2040. All they need is to get rid of their Communist dictatorship and embrace economic liberalism like all of the successful countries.

Modifié par MTLskyline

I had a very good history teacher when I was at CEGEP.

He said that the 18th century belonged to the French, the 19th century belonged to the British, the 20th century belonged to the Americans and the 21st century will belong to China. Doesn't seem so far off to me. When you look at who is building the biggest, fastest, etc of everything, these days it is China. I am guessing that the transition for China from #2/#3 power in the world to the clear #1 will be somewhere around 2030-2040. All they need is to get rid of their Communist dictatorship and embrace economic liberalism like all of the successful countries.

Everyone was saying the 21st century belonged to Japan in the 60's, 70's, 80's and then... from 2nd largest economy they went to 3rd :D Extending a trendline especially an exponential often yields results very far from reality :)

Je parie que dans 15 ou 20 ans, le 20e siècle ne sera plus celui de la Chine, mais celui de l'Inde.

Suffit d'y avoir été pour le constater.

I'll take that bet! Pour y avoir ete egalement (Inde et Chine); l'Inde n'aura pas regle ses problemes d'infrastructure d'ici 10 ans.

Third?

Mumbai tower, 720 mètres, U/C

Tokio Sky Tree, 634 mètres, U/C

Shanghai Tower, 632 mètres, U/C

Ping'an International Finance Centre, 648 mètres, U/C

Don't think it's going to be the third tallest...

Damn, I've never heard of any of these projects!! Any renderings ??