Aller au contenu

Portes palières sur la ligne orange

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Take the following with a big grain of salt as it's probably 8-year old info by now, but I've had a priviledged seat to overhear certain discussions.

The doors are coming once the Blue line extension is about to open.

They'll be on platforms on the orange line between Lionel-Groulx and Jarry.

• Thanks 1

il y a 8 minutes, DJJB a dit :

Take the following with a big grain of salt as it's probably 8-year old info by now, but I've had a priviledged seat to overhear certain discussions.

The doors are coming once the Blue line extension is about to open.

They'll be on platforms on the orange line between Lionel-Groulx and Jarry.

No they're not.  STM is budget constrained as is the ARTM.  Project was scrapped due to lower ridership in the pandemic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I don't know if they consider it a low-hanging-fruit project, but at 2018 estimates, that's a $150 million. Likely double, now, and probably a half-billion by 2030 (when we hope the Bleue opens). That seems like a big investment with little tangible return – a bit less dropped junk, fewer jumpers or jaywalkers, and some perceived safety during crushhours – so even if it is being considered – and I know I was a Sauvé and Caldwell baby – I doubt it'll make it past the next round of functionaries' buck-passing.

The STM said it was the only way to push the orange line to 90secs intervals, which would be essential to handle the extra passengers coming from the Blue extension.

Having a Blue extension, but leaving them stranded on Jean-Talon sounds silly.

9 hours ago, SameGuy said:

I don't know if they consider it a low-hanging-fruit project, but at 2018 estimates, that's a $150 million. Likely double, now, and probably a half-billion by 2030 (when we hope the Bleue opens). That seems like a big investment with little tangible return – a bit less dropped junk, fewer jumpers or jaywalkers, and some perceived safety during crushhours – so even if it is being considered – and I know I was a Sauvé and Caldwell baby – I doubt it'll make it past the next round of functionaries' buck-passing.

150 millions sur le budget du gouvernement, c'est pratiquement une erreur comptable. Sérieux, un de ces jours, il va falloir que Québec se décide vraiment à investir dans les transport en commun.  

2 hours ago, SameGuy said:

Without moving-block, 90 seconds is a pipe dream.

Il me semblait que sur la ligne bleu, il devait mettre à jour les appareil de toute manière parce que la technologie en place n'est plus disponible et qu'ils n'ont donc pas d'autre choix.

Il y a 7 heures, Enalung a dit :

150 millions sur le budget du gouvernement, c'est pratiquement une erreur comptable. Sérieux, un de ces jours, il va falloir que Québec se décide vraiment à investir dans les transport en commun.  

Il me semblait que sur la ligne bleu, il devait mettre à jour les appareil de toute manière parce que la technologie en place n'est plus disponible et qu'ils n'ont donc pas d'autre choix.

Oui c'est en cours pour la ligne bleue. Rien de prévu pour les autres lignes à date.

• Thanks 1