Aller au contenu
publicité

REM - Matériel Roulant

jerry

Messages recommendés

il y a 1 minute, SameGuy a dit :

Le monde ici  pense que l'univers entier tourne autour de cette métropole, et la façon dont les choses sont faites ailleurs est mauvaise, ou ne mérite pas d'être prise en considération. Pour eux, un métro ne peut jamais être qu’entièrement souterrain. Ils ne savent pas, ne veulent pas savoir.

It really feels more like CDPQi's fault for not sticking to one term even 2-3 years after the announcement. This influenced how journalists and politicians referred to the project, talking often of a suburban electric train, and for most people who aren't really interested in rail or infrastructure projects, that's what it is. This perception also played against the pink line to some extent; a lot of people thought it would be completely underground with big stations ($$$) even though the REM was the reference project for how different this line would be from other STM lines. There's also this weird thing happening where people refer to the REM (a brand) as a mode, specifically one that's always elevated.

• Like 1

publicité
8 hours ago, mk.ndrsn said:

It really feels more like CDPQi's fault for not sticking to one term even 2-3 years after the announcement. This influenced how journalists and politicians referred to the project, talking often of a suburban electric train, and for most people who aren't really interested in rail or infrastructure projects, that's what it is. This perception also played against the pink line to some extent; a lot of people thought it would be completely underground with big stations ($$$) even though the REM was the reference project for how different this line would be from other STM lines. There's also this weird thing happening where people refer to the REM (a brand) as a mode, specifically one that's always elevated.

Good points.

Look up in the sky! It’s a train!

• 3 semaines plus tard...
13 minutes ago, andre md said:

Metro de madrid et buenos aires sont 100% sous terrain.

I have yet to visit Madrid, but the Subte in Buenos Aires is like a museum! In spite of all the problems with homelessness and drugs in the gorgeous capital of Argentina, they’ve managed to build and maintain a beautiful metro. Interestingly, it has remained smaller than our Métro until now, even though it serves a similar-sized city with almost five times the population (and is thus extremely overcrowded).

il y a 1 minute, SameGuy a dit :

I have yet to visit Madrid, but the Subte in Buenos Aires is like a museum! In spite of all the problems with homelessness and drugs in the gorgeous capital of Argentina, they’ve managed to build and maintain a beautiful metro. Interestingly, it has remained smaller than our Métro until now, even though it serves a similar-sized city with almost five times the population (and is thus extremely overcrowded).

Buenos Aire having more stations than Montreal but shorter in km. i remember the wood cars. They get ride of them in 2012 if i remember. 

Buenos Aires is really dense i won't be surprised if  it's  smaller in superficia than Montreal. 

The most overcrowded metro i took was the Sao Paulo metro. 

• Like 1