Aller au contenu
publicité

'Discover Montreal' Videos

Messages recommendés

publicité
  • 2 semaines plus tard...
Il y a 11 heures, Chris1989 a dit :

Just in time for Halloween, a peek inside one of Montreal's lesser known landmarks, said to be one of the most haunted buildings in the city: the Grey Nuns Motherhouse

Nice take on Halloween and a good video on a building that wins to be more known.  On thing; at the end of the video, I think they are talking about another building when they talk about the Youville Motherhouse.  That last one is in Old Montreal next to Place d'Youville (that is why there are talks about it becoming part of Pointe-à-Callière Museum).

There is a link with the Grey Nuns, but it is another building.  I am not complaning, it was interesting, but I guess I am just greedy:  I want another video about that building specifically (or about the Pointe-à-Callière Museum for that matter :highfive: ).

Keep those videos coming, please.  And people, go on YouTube to hit the like button there too.

• Like 1

On 2021-10-29 at 4:30 AM, ToxiK said:

Nice take on Halloween and a good video on a building that wins to be more known.  On thing; at the end of the video, I think they are talking about another building when they talk about the Youville Motherhouse.  That last one is in Old Montreal next to Place d'Youville (that is why there are talks about it becoming part of Pointe-à-Callière Museum).

There is a link with the Grey Nuns, but it is another building.  I am not complaning, it was interesting, but I guess I am just greedy:  I want another video about that building specifically (or about the Pointe-à-Callière Museum for that matter :highfive: ).

Keep those videos coming, please.  And people, go on YouTube to hit the like button there too.

Thanks Toxik! Yes that's a separate building, the video starts by explaining it's the original Grey Nuns house built in the 1690s before moving to the motherhouse in the 1870s. Maybe I'll have to do an in-depth video on the original location too 😂

• Like 1

Il y a 11 heures, Chris1989 a dit :

Pardon?

There is nothing wrong with the video itself. All your work is first class and I hope you will always have enough material to be able to exercise your extraordinary talent. What was wrong is the timing. For Mont Stephen is a symbol of oppression for people like me (I am more than twice your age). It used to be a private club where French Canadians were not admitted (Michael Rousseau would have been allowed in though). McGill could not do the same because it was a public institution, but they still had secret quotas for French Canadians and Jews. So I am not blaming you because obviously you had no political agenda when you posted. It's just a bad coincidence.