Aller au contenu

REM - Matériel Roulant

jerry

Messages recommendés

• 2 semaines plus tard...

Well, gotta say that the wrap on this demo car is Crap. I expect it’ll get completely redone after Exporail next summer before being shown again.

2177FAB4-EB88-4416-B38E-7E37269BD834.jpeg

19423478-C26B-4BD3-A6AF-C368AE87E6F4.jpeg

Also the carbon steel in the door sills is already oxidizing.

9A5871B4-A88F-4D5B-9D3C-F96B1CD29B94.jpeg

• Like 1

JV pointed out that after Exporail this car likely won’t be changed at all, and will continue to travel around to different events until after the entire system is fully open, touring until perhaps sometime in 2025.

I’m 176 cm tall and had no headroom issues on the demo car. The gentleman in this pic was a good 10-12 cm taller than me. I think anybody taller than about 193 cm (6’4”) will likely have to duck under the LCD screens.

C84A993C-F07E-4C06-B25E-98B348FA97DF.jpeg

That’s too bad, but somewhat better than the Azur or the buses. I smashed my head in the metro the other day, always make me feel kind of dumb… 

On a side note, are the handles ridiculously high (like the handle bar in the Azur), or is the woman in the picture (with her completely outstretched arm) fairly small? I feel like their height might be perfect for me, at 198cm… They could always ask the STM to design handles on their handles, spend way too much time and energy on the design and testing phase, and then… nothing. 

Yes, the handles are quite high but well designed overall. I’m 5’9”-ish with monkey arms and my elbow is still at an acute angle when grabbing a handle (just above the top of my head, perhaps six feet high). The person in yellow was a child, about the same height as the two women in the foreground; her… father(?) is in the light blue T-shirt and stands maybe 5’7”.

• Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, SameGuy a dit :

I’m 176 cm tall and had no headroom issues on the demo car. The gentleman in this pic was a good 10-12 cm taller than me. I think anybody taller than about 193 cm (6’4”) will likely have to duck under the LCD screens.

C84A993C-F07E-4C06-B25E-98B348FA97DF.jpeg

Seigneur... Tout le monde est obèse ou quoi?! Welcome to America!!

• Like 3