Aller au contenu

REM - Matériel Roulant

jerry

Messages recommendés

Yikes, and what went wrong? This project started with so much optimism and I truly still am hopeful for it but man... there's absolutely NO communication when it comes to current construction updates. Moreover, the work seems to be done badly

1) We haven't seen a single test which includes multiple train sets, or 4 car sets

2) I don't think there's any documented platform screen door operation with trains...

How are they planning on running the line at 2.5 minute intervals when they are running the darn line at one train per segment for the last year...

Modifié par ComradeMark

12 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

I don’t believe they’ve done many “driverless” tests at operating speeds, nor any tests at full speed, nor any with four cars. No catenaries on the bridge, incomplete through PSC, a gap to be bridged near Bridge… yeah it’s not opening before the end of next year.

As surefire bet as the Canadiens dont do the playoff this year.

• Like 1

Il y a 12 heures, SameGuy a dit :

I don’t believe they’ve done many “driverless” tests at operating speeds, nor any tests at full speed, nor any with four cars. No catenaries on the bridge, incomplete through PSC, a gap to be bridged near Bridge… yeah it’s not opening before the end of next year.

https://rem.info/fr/actualites/suivi-sur-les-voitures-et-les-tests-dynamiques

Citation

Tests d'automatisation du système

Depuis quelques semaines, l’aiguillage situé après la station Panama permet aux trains de réaliser des boucles – appelé carrousel – afin de tester l’automatisation du système. Les trains ont déjà parcouru cette section à 90 km/h. Tout récemment, trois trains roulaient en même temps sur les deux voies!

“Up to 90” is great, but their own site says full speed will regularly be 100 on the SdC and in the West Island. The segments From Panama to Brossard aren’t ideal for top speed testing.

I’m not saying they should hurry up their testing protocol, I’m just pointing out that there are many tests yet to be done — including stops at stations and timing the screen doors, along with full tests of trains with nobody aboard — and the segment from Central Station to Brossard remains largely incomplete. Pretty difficult to test the system when it’s unavailable.

So one of two scenarios will evolve: testing will be rushed (and perhaps with deleterious effects) to open by the end of the now-promised “spring-summer 2022” timeframe, or the timeframe will be pushed out further.

• 1 mois plus tard...