Le Canal - 8, 10, 10, 14 étages (2018)

bucketsofrain

Messages recommendés

• 3 semaines plus tard...
  • Réponses 468
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Hey guys, I'm new to the boards but have been following your posts for a while now. I purchased a unit in phase 2 of Le Canal and I'm extremely excited to see the progress they're making in putting up the building.

I passed by the sales office yesterday and my sales rep told me that they are a month ahead of schedule on phase 2. They're currently pouring the 13th. Here's a pic of the progress from yesterday....

canal.jpeg

The promotor is Les Developpements du Canal Inc. Same builder as the Solano. I have to say, since we signed in February, the whole process/experience has been fantastic. My rep, Joanie, took the time to accomodate my girlfriend and I. She even had us visit a unit in the Solano which was comparable to the unit we bought at Le Canal (1,000 sq.feet). We chose our finishings a couple of weeks ago, and again, another smooth process. We did make a couple of changes to the kitchen and are waiting to hear back from the cuisiniste in order to give us the ok (ie. pull out cabinets in the pantry and extending the island a couple of inches in order to fit a custom wine fridge as well as adding an extra pantry in thermo).

I visited practically all the projects in Griffintown and surrounding area (Basins, Nordelec, Myst, Walter, District, Lowney, Gallery) before we decided on Le Canal and I'm extremely happy with our decision. The location, the quality of the finishings, the people associated to the project, all top notch. Can't wait to take delivery next year!!

Welcome to Le Canal! I am in Phase 1, moved in almost 2 months ago. I can concur that the developer and staff are really professional, I have had a very good experience as well. I quick story just to tell you about the developer. When I was moving in the elevators broke down and I had to wait 2 hrs before the movers could start. That cost me 2 hours of extra movers time. I mentioned it to the building manager and they reimbursed me the 2 hours with 4 days no questions asked.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks sgandell. That's fantastic that they covered your extra costs. I'm pretty sure not every developer would have done the same. I guess the questions I have would be if A) you added any extras to your unit? and B) if, upon delivery, everything was exactly the way you wanted it to be? Basically, are you satisfied with the final product?

If I'm basing myself on my experience so far, I have no reason to believe that I won't be satisfied. Thanks in advance.

Hi Marco,

I am also moving in phase 1 (in September). Quality seems quite good, especially for the kitchen and windows. I did quite a bit of modifications in my unit for the kitchen, the electrical, the closets, the floor plan, heated floors and the finishes (choices not in their selection). Overall it was a long process, but we made it through and hopefully the unit will be as expected. I will also be having a wine fridge in my kitchen with more cabinet space and more drawers, so I think your modifications will be possible.

If your unit is one with the "window walls" like in phase 1, you should know that the measurement is taken from the windows beam and not from the floor. So even though the room is as big, for your furniture or rugs, you should remove about 4 inches on these room for the box holding the windows on the floor (just a tip if you are like me and like to plan everything in advance).

The builder is Habitation St-Luc. Developpements du Canal Inc. is the sub company created by Habitation St-Luc for the duration of the project. Something that pisses me off, but that is standard in that industry.