Aller au contenu
publicité

Amazon looking for a location to have a 2nd HQ

jesseps

Messages recommendés

22 minutes ago, mark_ac said:

All I'm saying is that Toronto would win over Montreal if both were finalists for whatever reason - and you know I'm right. We need to be practical - Amazon will likely not like to have a language law imposed on them - and attracting talent will be an issue in Montreal. 

Attracting talents in Montreal isn't a problem we could work only in english in Montreal. Look the ceo's of Couche-Tard and SNC Lavallin and Domtar all are english speaker only .  Brian P. Hannash and Neil A. Bruce  and John D. Williams 

Je ne veux pas voir Amazon ici.  Ils visent a monopoliser toute la consomation.

Why don't you moved to Toronto Marck_Ac you will be super happy over there. Seems to be the best place for you. 

• Like 1

publicité
il y a 15 minutes, mark_ac a dit :

All I'm saying is that Toronto would win over Montreal if both were finalists for whatever reason - and you know I'm right. We need to be practical - Amazon will likely not like to have a language law imposed on them - and attracting talent will be an issue in Montreal. 

Always the same thing... Anyway... what about cost of eneygy, cost of rent... Maybe they could eligible to Qc tax credit program... (which highly attractive apparently...) For Tech talent, Mtl has at least equal chances vs Tor to attract the number of people.

Anyway, if i was them i would look at Asia or Europe to optimise the corporate footprint. If you would have travelled a little more, you would know that the difference between Tor and Mtl are insignificant on the world scale so there will likely not be a fight over this. Those fights are Canadian only...

il y a 59 minutes, Elpi12 a dit :

October 19th...... This kind of proposal takes months to prepare. Either we're on the last stretch of finalizing the proposal or we're not bidding at all.....  Who would be taking care of this at the city level?

And btw, it IS open to Canada: "We want to encourage states/provinces and communities to think creatively for viable real estate options"

Toronto vs Montreal on this.... it just made me cringe. Could be the definitive renaissance of Montreal or the ultimate humiliation.

Amazon à déjà une bonne connaissance de Montréal. Est-ce que ça va peser dans la balance? 

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/amazon-chooses-montreal-for-its-canadian-data-centre-operations-due-to-cheaper-hydro-costs-than-ontario

il y a 55 minutes, andre md a dit :

Devrait plutot encourager Shopify et Lightspeed pour mettre les commerces existant en ligne pour faire face au rouleau compresseur de Amazon. 

Beaucoup plus que 50 000 emplois qui sont en jeux. 

Agree. I personally have a lot of mixed feelings with Amazon.

il y a 4 minutes, ConcordiaSalus a dit :

Toronto vs Montreal on this.... it just made me cringe. Could be the definitive renaissance of Montreal or the ultimate humiliation.

Amazon à déjà une bonne connaissance de Montréal. Est-ce que ça va peser dans la balance? 

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/amazon-chooses-montreal-for-its-canadian-data-centre-operations-due-to-cheaper-hydro-costs-than-ontario

Seulement si l'administration municipale fait une demande formelle...

Aussi, voici les préférences d'Amazon pour le lieu idéal.

Capture.PNG

Modifié par Elpi12

48 minutes ago, Elpi12 said:

Seulement si l'administration municipale fait une demande formelle...

Aussi, voici les préférences d'Amazon pour le lieu idéal.

Capture.PNG

The west island, just west of fairview would be ideal, fits all their criteria plus they could be right beside an REM station, plus the bus terminus at fairview.