Aller au contenu

Amazon looking for a location to have a 2nd HQ

jesseps

Messages recommendés

il y a 12 minutes, IluvMTL a dit :

Just heard a report from Toronto that some people think this could have a negative effect by driving up house prices even more and also taking away too many high tech jobs from the existing market.

Impossible! Anyone that brings up such arguments must surely be a small minded bleeding hearted communist montrealer. 

Surely!

"The head of New York City's bid team seems to think that Toronto's bid is the only one that they have to seriously worry about:

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20180118/REAL_ESTATE/180119885/nyc-makes-the-cut-as-amazon-narrows-list-for-second-headquarters

"Wylde believes that Toronto, the only city named in the list outside the U.S., is the biggest threat to New York’s bid because of tightened immigration rules imposed by the Trump administration that could make it more difficult to recruit talent from overseas.

“What I really worry about is that our national immigration policy is becoming so restrictive that it makes Canada look like a better place to be because they don’t have those rules,” Wylde said."

Modifié par Jasonzed

I was wondering about Tump's reation to a US company creating jobs outside the US.

Amazon's review of Toronto could escalate tension with Trump

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-amazon-com-tax/amazons-review-of-toronto-could-escalate-tension-with-trump-idUSKBN1F71X6

1 hour ago, fmfranck said:

Impossible! Anyone that brings up such arguments must surely be a small minded bleeding hearted communist montrealer. 

Surely!

I think it was from some think tank based in Toronto. Saw it on CTV.

Kinda glad Montreal is out of the running. In the states you hear how New Jersey is throwing billions in tax breaks at Amazon.I believe it’s going to Boston area anyways. Just my guess.Plus  I don’t see 50,000 Jobs being created anyways. I rather have thousands of smaller businesses than 1 large one. Amazon will take,take & won’t give much in return.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mont royal said:

We can be grateful that we didn’t sell our soul to get Amazon. Toronto, of course, has no soul anyway.

Here is Toronto's bid: https://s3.ca-central-1.amazonaws.com/torontoglobal/TorontoRegionResponsetoAmazonHQ2RFP_PD.pdf

Toronto Global (includes GTA)  is going on merit and not providing any tax incentives or credits.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jasonzed said:

Here is Toronto's bid: https://s3.ca-central-1.amazonaws.com/torontoglobal/TorontoRegionResponsetoAmazonHQ2RFP_PD.pdf

Toronto Global (includes GTA)  is going on merit and not providing any tax incentives or credits.

For that reason (no tax incentives) and political reasons, TO doesn't really have a chance.

Modifié par jerry

Il y a 15 heures, mark_ac a dit :

According to the globe and mail and a very connected reporter the reason why Montreal lost...

due to the city high tax rates!

what a joke that the mayor and PM both said Montreal proposed the best bid. This is total ridicule 

What a relief the paper didn't said it was because of language laws!

This morning I just blew off one of my tires in a pothole bigger than PVM (I slightly exaggerate) and I am about to receive by mail my brand new City tax statement that will increase +5% compared to last year. I really Wonder where those billions dollars in taxes go. We need another Comission Charbonneau ASAP