Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

If you want to laugh a little bit, read this news story and the comment section!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/2010/12/02/park-avenue-pharmacy-arson-suspect-lights-himself-on-fire.html

P.S.: I titled this thread "Arson" so other members can post stories about arson that do not necessarily involve the projects in the "Projects" forum.

Some of the comments are just groaners

"Police are now looking for the suspect, described as male and wearing dark clothing, who was seen running away northbound on Park Avenue."

Doesn't that just burn yer britches.

Let's hope that the copa are hot on his tail and will catch this bandit before the trail goes cold. The heat is on...

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/2010/12/02/park-avenue-pharmacy-arson-suspect-lights-himself-on-fire.html#ixzz171RNBEio

dave777 wrote at 5:29 PM ET "Probably being burned is the most punishment he will get. The rest is pandering."

As much as my heart burns for you, I have this sneaking suspicion that the judicial system will be handling this particular suspect not with kid gloves but with oven mitts.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/2010/12/02/park-avenue-pharmacy-arson-suspect-lights-himself-on-fire.html#ixzz171RPuBAG

The arsonist was hot under the collar and his goose will be cooked

shortly.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/2010/12/02/park-avenue-pharmacy-arson-suspect-lights-himself-on-fire.html#ixzz171RSPXiN

Liar, liar! Pants on fire! Or coat....

groan

• 1 mois plus tard...

Quick questions about arson.

Montreal is the first city I have lived in North America. Arson is a very rare crime in my home country. So I wonder, is arson as common in other North American cities? Has it become like some kind of organized crime graffiti? At least they are not killing anyone. Do you think it will stop when people die?

I apologize for only asking questions in this post.

Quick questions about arson.

Montreal is the first city I have lived in North America. Arson is a very rare crime in my home country. So I wonder, is arson as common in other North American cities? Has it become like some kind of organized crime graffiti? At least they are not killing anyone. Do you think it will stop when people die?

I apologize for only asking questions in this post.

Where are you from?

Arson is not particularly common anywhere I can think of. Even in Montreal it is generally rare but there has been this situation currently where there have been many lit, but all tied to the same gang war pretty much.

As a general rule stuff that kills people "in the game" doesn't bother anyone (I certainly don't care), but when an innocent is killed then it gets people (and police) pretty angry and determined. In the 1990's for example there had been a pretty long-running gang war in the biker gangs (Hells Angels, etc) . It ended up that a car bomb was set for one gang member, but a part of the car flew and killed a child during the explosion. This pretty much precipitated a major police investigation that basically put all the bad guys (Mom Boucher et al) in jail. Previously, much like in the current business in the mafia, nobody really cares.

Another interesting event in that biker war situation was a Journal de Montreal reporter who had wrote a lot of articles about the situation, the bikers found him walking down the street one day and gunned him down hitting him some incredible number of times (18?!) however, he survived and continued to write, and even published a book about the whole thing.