Aller au contenu

Redéveloppement des terrains du Cavendish Mall

MTLskyline

Messages recommendés

If the demand was indeed that high, they could have easily designed it so every one of those massive properties was divided into two smaller ones with less expensive houses.

• Réponses 21
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

I thought you'd use downtown as an example but let's be honest CSL is not downtown and the vast majority of its develop-able land is detached and semi-detached single family homes with some duplexes. Granted Cavendish itself is quite dense but I don't think that needs to be a rule as much as it's basically an exception to the rule other than a few condo buildings nearby and chemin de la Cote St Luc.

I think people on this board also underestimate the demand for luxury homes within a 15 min. driving radius of downtown, in which there is little land left suitable to increase supply.

Feel free to disagree with me but I stand firm that wealthier income families need not look to the suburbs in order to find the homes they are looking for when there are options suitable for development closer to the city centre.

Yeah, I agree with Rosey as well. Its better that luxury homes are being built there than in some distant suburb like Sainte-Julie or Mirabel. I just hope that they aren't really tacky looking though. Some urban-ish houses would be nice using classic materials like red brick and real stone.

This is what we don't want:

Maison_001.jpg

Something like this, I actually find quite attractive:

gta1.jpg

A place that looks like this in 20 years would be perfect:

6585_1.jpg

Modifié par MTLskyline

I too would rather see luxury single-family homes built 15 mins from downtown rather than Sainte-Julie.

However i'd still prefer some density. I think they could have easily built some higher density along Cavendish boul. and still fit in plenty of houses behind that.

CSL should take this opportunity and develop a real town center: a proper street grid with that road in the middle as the main commercial/retail. EG: Sherbrooke street in Westmount. Townhouses, much like in the Golden Square Mile/Shaughnessy Village could be built along with the higher density apartment houses.

CSL should take this opportunity and develop a real town center: a proper street grid with that road in the middle as the main commercial/retail. EG: Sherbrooke street in Westmount. Townhouses, much like in the Golden Square Mile/Shaughnessy Village could be built along with the higher density apartment houses.

This is what they will be doing for Pointe Nord on Nun's Island, no?