Aller au contenu

Projet de réaménagement du boulevard Gouin Ouest

budgebandit

Messages recommendés

It’s a 30 zone. It doesn’t need more traffic lanes. There are other ways to get from east to west if you are in a hurry. But it doesn’t have a sidewalk, and you’d be surprised at the number of cyclists on any given day. Even just driving will be improved and made more safe by removing the Hydro poles, which in many parts are actually in the roadway. This is a really good plan for this particular stretch of road.

• Like 2

There is no space for two lanes in each direction for most of the stretch between Toupin and the tennis courts. My only ask would've been a dedicated turning lane (going eastbound) for College Sainte-Marcelline. It backs up A LOT during school drop-off and pick-up. 

I agree that this is a very welcome project (especially for the enfouissement of the Hydro poles).

• Administrateur
il y a 31 minutes, budgebandit a dit :

There is no space for two lanes in each direction for most of the stretch between Toupin and the tennis courts. My only ask would've been a dedicated turning lane (going eastbound) for College Sainte-Marcelline. It backs up A LOT during school drop-off and pick-up. 

I agree that this is a very welcome project (especially for the enfouissement of the Hydro poles).

That would've been a welcome minimum.... it does backup when someone wants to turn... anyways, maybe in the next century.

• Haha 1

Il y a 18 heures, peekay a dit :

Yes, but look at all the trees that were destroyed for the bike lanes. Of course they don't mind because it is for bicycles. Imagine if they destroyed even more trees for evil cars. Poor, dead birds.

image.png

Déception totale ! Gracieuseté de la pseudo Miss Verdure.  👎

En bonus on peut admirer à quelle point cette administration est insidieuse, peu ordonnée et illogique : Au lieu de tout simplement garder la voie des voitures déjà existante et rajouter la piste cyclable là où les arbres ont été rasés pour faire lui faire place, ben non, on va tout refaire et placer les cyclistes sur l'ancienne rue motorisée, pour protéger leur image « verte » ça leur permettra de dire qu'ils ont été obligés de couper des arbres pour faire place aux mautadines voitures à marde. 

• D'accord 2

16 hours ago, budgebandit said:

My only ask would've been a dedicated turning lane (going eastbound) for College Sainte-Marcelline. It backs up A LOT during school drop-off and pick-up.

When I was younger, my friends who attended that school took the 68. The most insane paradox of suburban life is “I gotta drive my kids to school because there’s so much dangerous traffic these days!”

• Like 1