Aller au contenu

Nouvel hôpital Vaudreuil

jesseps

Messages recommendés

Don’t start with me! Pas besoin de rendre un métro léger à travers 12 km de terrains agricoles pour desservir un exurb à <40 000 habitants!

Mais il est impératif que le gouvernement du Québec et la MRC réaménagent complètement les accès vers et depuis le site de l'hôpital et le “centre-ville” de Vaudreuil — et donc la station exo. Le quartier subit déjà un trafic cauchemardesque toute la journée, tous les jours, à la sortie 2 de part et d'autre de l'A30 ainsi qu'à la sortie 35 de l'A40, et dans tout le quartier commercial de la cité.

If they ever do revamp the interchange and exits, perhaps they will establish a shuttle bus from the station to the hospital. I mean, by then the exo1 line will have been fully modernized anyway, right? 😉

• Thanks 1

Le 2021-07-11 à 10:29, SameGuy a dit :

Don’t start with me! Pas besoin de rendre un métro léger à travers 12 km de terrains agricoles pour desservir un exurb à <40 000 habitants!

Mais il est impératif que le gouvernement du Québec et la MRC réaménagent complètement les accès vers et depuis le site de l'hôpital et le “centre-ville” de Vaudreuil — et donc la station exo. Le quartier subit déjà un trafic cauchemardesque toute la journée, tous les jours, à la sortie 2 de part et d'autre de l'A30 ainsi qu'à la sortie 35 de l'A40, et dans tout le quartier commercial de la cité.

If they ever do revamp the interchange and exits, perhaps they will establish a shuttle bus from the station to the hospital. I mean, by then the exo1 line will have been fully modernized anyway, right? 😉

Vaudreuil-Dorion 43000 habitants , l’île Perrot total 40000 habitants , st-Lazarre 20000 habitants , c’est déjà plus que Pointe-Claire , Kirkland , ste-Anne , Beaconsfield , Baie d’urfe , l’ile Bizarre , Ste-Genevieve et Pierrefonds réunies … sauf que Vaudreuil-Dorion et la MRC continue à croître … mais pas le Westisland … on est habitué d’être patient à Vaudreuil . Tout le plan de shuttles est planifié mais pour ce qui est de l’échangeur … on repassera . 

• Thanks 1

If you expand the Dorion station, there is the possibility of having one existing spur that already goes pretty close to the hospital and another that goes pretty close to St Lazare. No need to crate a new line (although the commuter train will have to share with freight trains).

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 10.24.21 PM.png

1 hour ago, PIerre Charette said:

Vaudreuil-Dorion 43000 habitants , l’île Perrot total 40000 habitants , st-Lazarre 20000 habitants , c’est déjà plus que Pointe-Claire , Kirkland , ste-Anne , Beaconsfield , Baie d’urfe , l’ile Bizarre , Ste-Genevieve et Pierrefonds réunies … sauf que Vaudreuil-Dorion et la MRC continue à croître … mais pas le Westisland … on est habitué d’être patient à Vaudreuil . Tout le plan de shuttles est planifié mais pour ce qui est de l’échangeur … on repassera . 

Ugh here we go again.

La population de l'Ouest-de-l'Île, sans compter Saint-Laurent, est d'environ 230 000 habitants sur seulement 150 km², dont plus de la moitié est constituée des plus grands espaces verts de l'île de Montréal et de milliers d'hectares de propriétés industrielles et commerciales, incluant l’aéroport à Dorval. La densité de population de l'Ouest-de-l’Île est de 1500/km². Par contre, la population de l'ensemble de la MRC de Vaudreuil-Soulanges n'est que de 140 000 habitants. Répartis sur 850 km², la densité n'est que de 175/km².  Nous n'avons pas à répéter sans cesse pourquoi nous ne devrions pas dépenser des milliards pour envoyer un métro léger sur plusieurs kilomètres de terres agricoles et de parcs vides vers de petites banlieues éloignées de la ville, qui peuvent être parfaitement desservies par un service efficace de train de banlieue et des bus.

I’ve already stated several times that the new hospital is a wonderful opportunity to improve the lives of not just those in Vaudreuil, but also in the West Island, and that I think transit to and from the Presqu’île can and should be vastly improved. That doesn’t change my stance on why it’s just stupid to clamour for REM light metro extensions to Vaudreuil, Chambly, Mirabel or St-Hyacinthe.

• Like 1
  • D'accord 1

And before anyone says anything, I think the Anse-à-l’Orme station is dumb, the des Sources station is poorly located, there should be a station in the Baie-d’Urfé industrial park, that this should be planned to be extended to the A20 right of way and Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, and that a light metro to Bigras-SteDo-Moulin-DM is silly (but was part of the bargain), and that yes, regular readers here are bored of my musings on the subject. 😉

il y a 10 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

That doesn’t change my stance on why it’s just stupid to clamour for REM light metro extensions to Vaudreuil, Chambly, Mirabel or St-Hyacinthe.

And I fully support your stance.  But you know what? --  I do not take these clamours seriously.  And I take a dim view of politicians who entertain projects of this sort, while fully realizing* (hopefully) that they are not in the cards.  

* spelled "realising" outside Turtle Island.

• Like 1

Il y a 8 heures, SameGuy a dit :

And before anyone says anything, I think the Anse-à-l’Orme station is dumb, the des Sources station is poorly located, there should be a station in the Baie-d’Urfé industrial park, that this should be planned to be extended to the A20 right of way and Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, and that a light metro to Bigras-SteDo-Moulin-DM is silly (but was part of the bargain), and that yes, regular readers here are bored of my musings on the subject. 😉

I agree with you that the REM should at least stop in the baie d’urfe industrial Park and even to the John Abbott College . This way the Vaudreuil-Hudson EXO line would do his work to bring people to’ from vaudreuil to ste-Anne or baie d’urfe station and offer the choice to get aboard the REM or continue downtown on the EXO Line 

1 hour ago, PIerre Charette said:

I agree with you that the REM should at least stop in the baie d'urfe industrial Park and even to the John Abbott College. This way the Vaudreuil-Hudson EXO line would do his work to bring people to 'from vaudreuil to ste-Anne or baie d'urfe station and offer the choice to get aboard the REM or continue downtown on the EXO Line 

I am a bit confused: there is a Baie d'urfe station already and the Ste-Anne stop is 800 meters from the John Abbott College, a 10 minute walk. Also, I have friends who teach at Johan Abbott and they tell me most students at Abbott are from the West Island, and many have cars or get dropped off.

• Thanks 1