Aller au contenu

'Discover Montreal' Videos

Messages recommendés

il y a une heure, Chris1989 a dit :

With Halloween fast approaching, it felt appropriate to make a video about Harry Houdini and his little-known connection to Montreal

Very interesting video @Chris1989 but as is often the case with your work the background music is a little too loud and somewhat covers the narration. The consequence is that my poor brain is struggling at times to process the two simultaneously.😳

11 minutes ago, Normand Hamel said:

Very interesting video @Chris1989 but as is often the case with your work the background music is a little too loud and somewhat covers the narration. The consequence is that my poor brain is struggling at times to process the two simultaneously.😳

Damn that's disappointing.. some of the dialogue is from decades old recordings and Zoom calls so there's fluttering noises that I can't fix, but everyone who was shown the video before release said they were able to understand so I'm perplexed 😕  let me know if it continues, and also try listening through different methods (earphones for example). On iPhone, I've noticed the music is barely heard and the voices come through almost too loud. 

il y a 7 minutes, Chris1989 a dit :

try listening through different methods (earphones for example). On iPhone, I've noticed the music is barely heard and the voices come through almost too loud.

I listen exclusively to any video on an iMac 27", which is pretty good at reproducing sound and music, and the result is almost always the same with your videos: the ratio of background music versus narration and dialogues is about 1:1.

• 2 semaines plus tard...
Il y a 1 heure, Chris1989 a dit :

Been collecting footage for nearly a year to make this one happen. I also spent extra time on the sound mixing, hope it's more discernible this time.

The balance is very good. This is one of your best work so far. What you show here is the real Montréal, as seen through the eyes of tourists and visitors, and as we see it every day, all year long. One guy, a French tourist I believe, summarized the spirit of this city in two words: "énergie douce" or douce énergie as I would put it.

• Like 1

Il y a 1 heure, Chris1989 a dit :

Been collecting footage for nearly a year to make this one happen. I also spent extra time on the sound mixing, hope it's more discernible this time. One of my favourite things is taking visitors to the Plateau just to see their reaction :)

My go to borough on esch visit to Mtl  Well done Chris.

• Like 1