Aller au contenu

Le Canal - 8, 10, 10, 14 étages (2018)

bucketsofrain

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 468
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

When I went for my pre inspection they pointed out a box of some sort in one of my closets which he said I would put my router into. Im guessing that our condos are pre wired then? Do you know anything about this?

Yes, Bell passed the optical fiber and Videotron passed cable I believe. You can use any internet provider that uses these networks such as Electronic Box (Videotron Cable).

That said, others like Teksavvy usually use Bell DSL lines, which in this case, might not be possible to do. Same thing for Acanac which uses Bell's cable or VDSL lines.

I do not know if Bell only ran optic fiber lines or not or if a transition is possible (we do have pre-wired phones, so normal lines should be there), but at least, we are future safe when in 5-10 years we want a sweet 250 MBPS connection.

Hey guys, I actually moved in last week. I use Videotron but the procedure is the same for bell. I had Videotron here on Friday to hook things up. It really does not take long, everything is prewired. They have to go to the telecom room on the 3rd floor then they use the wires that run to the panel /Box Jax described. All wires are already run so they installed my videotron modem in the box directly. I installed my wireless router directly to the videotorn box and left it in the panel. Seems good that way, reached my whole place no problem and I never see the router.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ok thats great! I was worried about how I was going to hook up my modem in this mini office Im building in my storage closet, really didnt want to have wires passing there. How's the noise situation for you there right now?

Hey guys, I actually moved in last week. I use Videotron but the procedure is the same for bell. I had Videotron here on Friday to hook things up. It really does not take long, everything is prewired. They have to go to the telecom room on the 3rd floor then they use the wires that run to the panel /Box Jax described. All wires are already run so they installed my videotron modem in the box directly. I installed my wireless router directly to the videotorn box and left it in the panel. Seems good that way, reached my whole place no problem and I never see the router.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Modifié par jax66

It depends:

1. 7am to 4pm Monday to Friday - There is construction going on both in our building and on phase 2. There is noise but at least from 7 to 8am it has not been that bad. It does not effect me much since I am not home during the day and wake up before 7am anyway and leave by 745am. When I arrive home at 6pm the construction is done for the day. However I am facing downtown and not the back which faces Phase 2, I think its loader for those units. I moved in not expected everything finished it terms of the building( my unit is done 100%), so there have been problems with the elevators, a water leak into one of the elevators on Sunday, and the lockers in the garage are not ready year. I will say that the construction team does react fast. When the water leak happened on Sunday, the building engineer was already on site, working on the problem...guess its to be expected.

2. At night - I am facing the factories on William, there is a low droning sound at night from I believe are the the air con across the street. I am getting use to it but its not dead quiet at night. There is a lot of ambient noise in the area in general.

• 2 semaines plus tard...
  • 2 semaines plus tard...