Aller au contenu
publicité

Métro de Montréal - Discussion générale

Chuck-A

Messages recommendés

I dunno, it must be my senility confusing my memory, but every time I mention how far downhill this city has gone, a barrage of “it was never clean” responses come my way.

I maintain that there was a time when we were proud of how clean, modern, and safe it was in this city. That time is now only a fading memory for GenX like me and whomever’s left of the Olds.

• D'accord 2

publicité
  • Administrateur
à l’instant, SameGuy a dit :

I dunno, it must be my senility confusing my memory, but every time I mention how far downhill this city has gone, a barrage of “it was never clean” responses come my way.

I maintain that there was a time when we were proud of how clean, modern, and safe it was in this city. That time is now only a fading memory for GenX like me and whomever’s left of the Olds.

In my memory, when I started visiting downtown in 1993, it was the worst it was ever, gradually going up and up till about 2010... it plateaued then went down hill, and severely so after the pandemic... just my non-scientific input.

• Like 3

il y a 2 minutes, mtlurb a dit :

In my memory, when I started visiting downtown in 1993, it was the worst it was ever, gradually going up and up till about 2010... it plateaued then went down hill, and severely so after the pandemic... just my non-scientific input.

1993, last Stantley Cup in Montréal...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Administrateur
il y a 1 minute, SameGuy a dit :

This belongs in a different thread, but I’ll just add that our priorities — or rather, our city administration’s priorities — are simply upside-down.

Yes lets move it elsewhere, where should it go 😛 (venting about montreal)

• Like 1

il y a 4 minutes, mtlurb a dit :

Yes lets move it elsewhere, where should it go 😛 (venting about montreal)

@KOOL a créé l'équivalent pour Griffintown. Vous êtes les bienvenus.😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mtlurb said:

Yeah I commuted on the DM train and the 24 bus to school from the Waste Island to Westmount for school every day from '79 to '83, and studied and worked downtown and NDG from '87 to '97. I can concur with what you saw. But from before Expo (can’t claim I saw that!) through the Olympic era (I did) and until the early '90s… clean, modern, safe.

• Like 2
  • D'accord 2

I have used the metro during the peak of the pendamic. it was clean, safe, empty and reliable. Do we need another pendamic to make the metro great again? haha   

Modifié par twix
spell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 semaines plus tard...