Aller au contenu

7348, rue Sherbrooke Ouest - 4 étages

Doctor D

Messages recommendés

New project replacing  depanneur destroyed by fire. 

What really intrigued me is how they are building it: using styrofoam blocks, it looks like bland Lego going up. Similar project in Lachine on Prevost. Is the idea to put up insolation first or is this a new trend in construction?

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

4 minutes ago, Doctor D said:

New project replacing  depanneur destroyed by fire. 

What really intrigued me is how they are building it: using styrofoam blocks, it looks like bland Lego going up. Similar project in Lachine on Prevost. Is the idea to put up insolation first or is this a new trend in construction?

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

The Styrofoam is just a form , usually used for lower levels , so like the foundation, and then filled with concrete, it then stays in place as a form of insulation and then a finishing is installed. That could be any sort of siding including brick. It's just another rather quick construction method. What's surprising is that they went full height, that I haven't seen before. Except actually the project in Lachine on Provost near the now closed Belle province which is likely what you were referring to. That project has been ongoing for 5 years and it's still looks like a big foam block because it hasn't been completed.

• 2 mois plus tard...