Aller au contenu
publicité

I'm not sayin'

kool maudit

Messages recommendés

publicité
maybe it's just that they looked over stretched simply because we are so used to see them the way they really are, and perhaps also because architecturally they just weren't meant to be so tall.

Good Point! I still think PVM should be the tallest building in our city! Add another 15 floors to La Grande Dame, and she would be perfect!

i'm sure we're not the only ones who wish this could be done ... place ville-marie has everything to be a world class iconic skyscraper - except for height. perhaps 180m was enough for the 1960s, but unfortunately for us, it just didn't stand the test of time all that well. :(

as for tallest in the city, i don't think it's a necessity; i mean, it's almost comparing apples to oranges, but esb wasn't nyc's tallest for almost 30 years - and never took away any of it's status as a symbol of new york. i simply say pvm should be taller for it's own sake, because i just think it would be so much more beautiful if it were. if it's not the city's tallest (and it also hasn't been for a good 30 years, although not by much), well at th very least the area around it could be planned as to not overshadow it too much.

and it also hasn't been for a good 30 years, although not by much

Actually, PVM was the city' talles for only a few years. When Place Victoria (190meters)was completed(1966 approx) it became the tallest in the country(for a very short period of time)

well that's what i meant to say, you say you wish pvm were the city's tallest, i say it hasn't really ever been anyway. i was just under the impression that pvm stayed tallest for at least a few years after it's completion !

a building can still be a defining element of a skyline without having to be the tallest; furthermore, much like the chrysler building or 30 rock in new york, place ville-marie will forever speak of a particular era of our city's history, no matter how badly it gets superseded in height, or prestige, by any future construction.

a building can still be a defining element of a skyline without having to be the tallest; furthermore, much like the chrysler building or 30 rock in new york, place ville-marie will forever speak of a particular era of our city's history, no matter how badly it gets superseded in height, or prestige, by any future construction

No doubt about it!