Aller au contenu

MTLskyline

Messages recommendés

The Liberals argue about their hidden agenda, now the agenda is clear :D

But what is the agenda? Can you describe any particular undesirable facet of such?

There has been some talk of forcing judges to abandon the "2 for 1" credit for time served that is commonly applied, which would mean more prison person-hours obviously, and reduces judicial independence which is very bad. But at the same time, 2 for 1 is garbage, you have people who are guilty and know it, blocking up the justice system with delays and then finally allowing themselves to go to trial, plead guilty and get off in 1/2 the time... this is the only actual policy I've heard about from the "tough on crime" thing. Everyone is always up in arms about partisan BS about ideologies and the like, but what is the actual real difference?

There is also of course the private member's bill to eliminate the long gun registry, proposed by a Conservative MP, nobody can argue against that bill's righteousness and the correction of a grave mistake made by the Liberals years ago. But this has nothing to do with party politics, it is a private member's bill, it is "basic democracy" as it should be (and this is why various Liberals, NDP and Bloc guys will vote for the bill and have it pass).

Modifié par Cyrus

• Réponses 71
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

The Liberals argue about their hidden agenda, now the agenda is clear :D

But what is the agenda? Can you describe any particular undesirable facet of such?

This debate has been done again and again.............I do not even think it is necessary to go at it again. I certainly do not feel the desire to go at it again in this thread. Suffice to say the radical right know what the leftist agenda is...............and vice versa. Most Canadians have not voted for a conservative agenda. The success of Harper is not in having convinced most Canadians of his radical right views. He heads the gouvernment because the left is divided amongst many parties in this country. I will vote for the liberal party next time. For me, it's the lesser of two evils. Quebecers need to do so, unless they want Harper and his "republicans" to stay in power for the next twenty years. At the very least, it may prevent the Harper people from gaining a majority government and transforming this great country into..you know what I mean.:)