Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

They should install led screen in every bus station to show in how long the next bus will be there, now they can with their RFID since they can monitor where each bus is, it would be a nice addition and something very usefull.

I remember seeing that in London, where there is a couple of bus lines at the same stop, that way you know when your bus is coming

They should install led screen in every bus station to show in how long the next bus will be there, now they can with their RFID since they can monitor where each bus is, it would be a nice addition and something very usefull.

I remember seeing that in London, where there is a couple of bus lines at the same stop, that way you know when your bus is coming

I was thinking of that last year. Would be great to know if the bus you are waiting for just past or will be late. It has happened so often that one of my buses would never show up. :thumbsdown:

One thing it be nice to have WLAN in the metro system so people can check their e-mails while waiting for the metro or on it.

We are pretty much falling behind compared to China and S.Korea :yikes:

I thought Montreal was a tech city but it sure does not seem like it.

Or, what if the shelters needed a bus pass to enter?

The bus shelters could definitely be bigger - be much more user friendly - have atmosphere - entice people to use public transit.

Some could have a small police station (like the old style bobby houses they had in London way back) - you create something like that and it becomes a signature of for the city - like the yellow cabs in N.Y.

That combined with our bike paths - we'd be a city to look up to for environment solutions.

:crowded:

Even better, you could have those heaters start only 10 minutes before the bus shows up so it is synced up with traffic. It would become self-regulating as users would not tolerate the homeless there.

Excellent Idea.

I wonder why we can think of these things, yet the people in charge of the STM, RTL, and STL haven't thought of these possibilities?

Excellent Idea.

I wonder why we can think of these things, yet the people in charge of the STM, RTL, and STL haven't thought of these possibilities?

Incentives! What are the incentives for them to change?

Cut the salaries a bit and give them performance bonus based on metrics such as 'customer satisfaction' and 'usage'. You will see a lot of ideas popping up!

They don't even have that in every metro station yet! I think that would happen way before any bus timers. I mean, there used to be clocks in every metro station. The clocks are gone, but the things that housed them are still there! How lazy can they be to not remove or replace them. Prior to McGill station getting the huge screens, there were small digital clocks showing the time and the time of the next two metros. They seemed to work well. Why not put some in every station, or at least the most used stations!

They don't even have that in every metro station yet! I think that would happen way before any bus timers. I mean, there used to be clocks in every metro station. The clocks are gone, but the things that housed them are still there! How lazy can they be to not remove or replace them. Prior to McGill station getting the huge screens, there were small digital clocks showing the time and the time of the next two metros. They seemed to work well. Why not put some in every station, or at least the most used stations!

Excellent point McGill. Not having clocks showing when the next metro is due, is simply pathetic!

The digital clocks with the next two metros where installed in every orange line station like 10 months ago...

ils attendent un upgrade du logiciel de gestion du métro pour les mettre en service (le nouveau centre est pas encore opérationnel).

Not in every one. George Vanier, last time I checked did not have the digital clock. I'll double check when I get off there in about an hours time.