Aller au contenu

Les Tours du Château (Vaudreuil) - 8, 8 étages

Messages recommendés

That's a little harsh in my opinion. ;)

Granted, it won't win any awards and i'd much rather see something designed by *insert world renowned architect here* but considering what else is being built, i consider this average. So many projects look exactly like this, so yeah. Average at best.

However... that being said, i wonder why we just sit by and accept such bland projects? We need to raise architectural awareness in the city and get developers to stop building such mundane buildings. For every sleek and inspired glass tower we get, there are 15 other lame rose-colored brick projects out there.

Modifié par Cataclaw

Granted, it won't win any awards and i'd much rather see something designed by *insert world renowned architect here* but considering what else is being built, i consider this average. So many projects look exactly like this, so yeah. Average at best.

However... that being said, i wonder why we just sit by and accept such bland projects? We need to raise architectural awareness in the city and get developers to stop building such mundane buildings. For every sleek and inspired glass tower we get, there are 15 other lame rose-colored brick projects out there.

If they can sell their junk with a cheap design, why pay more?

I don't agree. It makes zero effort to integrate itself into its environment and uses the same Soviet-era brown bricks to the same boring effect. This whole thing is beyond cliché already.

I get spitting mad every time I see the Terrasses Windsor since I know that the clientel around is more than happy to have something that is just "good enough". This project is just another in a long list of "good enough to not look like the ghetto...yet". ;)

I don't agree. It makes zero effort to integrate itself into its environment and uses the same Soviet-era brown bricks to the same boring effect. This whole thing is beyond cliché already.

I get spitting mad every time I see the Terrasses Windsor since I know that the clientel around is more than happy to have something that is just "good enough". This project is just another in a long list of "good enough to not look like the ghetto...yet". ;)

Yeah but that's the thing. There are so many projects going up that look exactly like this, that you can practically say that our new "norm" or "average" is precisely that!

Now, i'm not saying that's good... i'd certianly have wanted something unique and original!

If they can sell their junk with a cheap design, why pay more?

Exactly, and that's what i'm saying. I wish people would demand better architectural quality. Developers will start paying attention to architecture only when the demand for something that doesn't look boring and cheap increases.

It is possible to build something that doesn't look terrible on a limited budget!

Modifié par Cataclaw

buildings like that have been built throughout the area not just recently, but for the better part of the 90s also.

you're right about demanding higher architectural quality - however, most people here still consider a price tag above 150k to be luxurious. that's why samcon is so succesful and towers like altoria have a hard time attracting buyers.

as long as they remain hidden on the outskirts of the city, i don't really mind them... they're still better than atrocities like les cours mont-royal, that have, over the course of just a few months, succesfully cheapened the whole area around them.

the only current trend i can't stand these days are those bizarre irregular window walls that architect seem to use whenever they can't afford a building to have any other shape than a that of box. sooner or later (and probably alot sooner than later) those things will look so dated their owners will probably have to shell out even more money to have them renovated - meaning, removed.