Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 29
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Give me HARD EVIDENCE, otherwise, you lose.

You're the one who's making bogus claims without hard evidence. Where on earth is that Foreign Affairs report? When you accuse people of being Canadians of convenience, the burden of proof lies on YOU. Without such proof, whatever you say constitutes slander...

You Tories are all the same...

Edit: I just wanted to add that Canada was one of the last countries to begin evacuating its citizens. In fact, the first Canadian response to the conflict was to shut down the Canadian embassy in Beirut. No consular aid was provided to anyone until the US and France began evacuating their citizens. Stephen Harper didn't decide to evacuate Lebanese-Canadians out of compassion, but out of a concern for losing face. Your portrayal of Lebanese-Canadians as selfish ingrates is therefore uncalled for. Your misinformed arrogance is downright inexcusable.

Modifié par saturnus85

Since when is it slanderous to say that political ideologues think alike?

Notice I wrote and generalizations.My point was that you don't like it when someone makes bogus claims about a group of people so why would you go and do the exact same thing about another group. I'm a Tory who often takes the time to debate other Tories on issues I disagree with them on, so I think generalizing does pretty much the same thing as slander, it promotes things that aren't proven to be true. I mean no ill will and by all means try and defend your claims but it would be nice if it could be done in a way that isn't negative towards individual members or groups of people. And the same goes for anyone else (not trying to single you out, I just didn't appreciate your comment.) I'm out of this thread...

So real estate booming in Montreal yay!

You're the one who's making bogus claims without hard evidence. Where on earth is that Foreign Affairs report? When you accuse people of being Canadians of convenience, the burden of proof lies on YOU. Without such proof, whatever you say constitutes slander...

Members of the general public do not usually have access to classified foreign affairs documents. The media received the info. Just google 7,000 15,000 canada lebanon, or something to that effect and you'll see, the number is VERY widely circulated by nearly all media outlets in the country. If you think what I'm saying is slander, then you clearly don't read the newspapers or watch the news. That figure is everywhere.

You Tories are all the same...

A lot of Liberals agree with us too (including Liberal immigration critic at the time, Judy Sgro). I bet that most Canadians agree with our position over yours. Canada is not a left-wing country.

Edit: I just wanted to add that Canada was one of the last countries to begin evacuating its citizens. In fact, the first Canadian response to the conflict was to shut down the Canadian embassy in Beirut. No consular aid was provided to anyone until the US and France began evacuating their citizens. Stephen Harper didn't decide to evacuate Lebanese-Canadians out of compassion, but out of a concern for losing face. [/Quote]

Why wouldn't Canada shut down its embassy in Beirut?? Hezbollah attacked Israel (Canada's top Middle Eastern ally by a wide margin). Isn't that enough to shut an embassy down (and recall the ambassador and diplomats)? The second part of your statement is purely partisan. Speculate all you want.

Your portrayal of Lebanese-Canadians as selfish ingrates is therefore uncalled for. Your misinformed arrogance is downright inexcusable.

Where did I say that? You are trying to paint anyone who might suggest that almost half of the evacuees weren't Canadian residents as a bunch of bigots. Typical (but very weak) left-wing tactic right there. I have frequently put disclaimers in some of my previous posts in this thread. Here, I'll even write it for you again. I have nothing against Lebanese-Canadians, and I don't even have anything against evacuating the freeloading ones as long as the non-residents pay for their own evacuation (do you expect Canadian taxpayers to pay for the evacuation of people who don't even pay taxes here???)

It is also quite interesting that your lack of actual evidence has lowered your level of debate to nothing more than petty name calling.

Modifié par MTLskyline

so uh yea, death to america. erm i mean .. good article.

i like the tone of it: it's not a mindless recital of the local tourism bureau's list of talking points. it's a grounded description of this city's situation, spotted with genuine highlights that will ring true to the reader.

i hadn't read a better portrayal of montreal from a US print in quite some time. nice to see.

Ce thread concerne le boom immobilier à Mtl non?

...........mmmmmmmmmmmm..........

Juste pour vous le rappeler, comme ça. On pourrais-tu s'en réjouir tous?

Je dis ça comme ça.