Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

I'm not freaking out, but something needs to be done before it degenerates again to a situation like we had in the 90's with the bikers

You'll hear no objection from me!! I don't support thuggery anywhere, let alone my own town!

On paper, he is the owner of a high-end fashion boutique on St. Jacques St. W. in Old Montreal.

But behind the designer frocks and accessories are a criminal record dating back to 1987 - for armed assault, weapons possession and sexual assault - a sideline job as a loan enforcer and a need for a personal bodyguard.

Thursday afternoon, Joseph Ducarme, 41, survived a brazen midday shooting inside his Old Montreal shop that left two people dead.

Ducarme managed to flee the building and, as of Thursday night, was still missing - as were the two gunmen. It is not known whether he was injured in the attack.

Ducarme's bodyguard, Peter Christopoulos, and an unidentified man were killed. Two other men were injured. One of them managed to flee the scene and drive himself to the hospital.

Ducarme is out on $50,000 bail for a charge of assault and was under orders not to communicate with street gang members.

He is reputed to have ties to the Reds, a street gang reportedly trying to mark its territory in the city's lucrative drug trade in bars and restaurants on St. Laurent Blvd.

The decimation of the Hells Angels in a series of raids last year, in which the majority of the biker gang's members were arrested, left a major void in the city's drug trade.

Ducarme has also been mentioned in police requests for search warrants associated with construction magnate Antonio Magi.

In a November request for a search warrant for Magi's office at 5730 Upper Lachine Rd., Montreal police said Magi hired Ducarme in July to collect outstanding loans. In exchange for his services, Magi, who has no criminal record, set Ducarme up in a condominium across the street from Wanda's strip club, above the Eggspectations restaurant at de Maisonneuve Blvd. and Mountain St.

Magi also survived an attempt on his life in 2008 when a gunman ambushed him in his car while he was driving on Cavendish Blvd. in Notre Dame de Grâce.

Magi was recently in the news when Nicolo Rizzuto Jr. was gunned down steps away from his office.

The son of Vito Rizzuto, the reputed head of the Montreal Mafia who is serving a 10-year-sentence in the United States for a racketeering conviction, was shot dead Dec. 28 on Upper Lachine Rd. near Magi's FTM Construction office.

Last fall, Magi confirmed he had a business relationship with Rizzuto Jr., saying the two had "bought a piece of land together which we are developing."

"He's studied law and he's a smart kid. He's smart in real estate."

A woman who answered the phone at Magi's office Thursday said he was not accepting calls.

The warrant request for Magi's office also says Ducarme had an entourage of four to 15 people and feared retaliation from Italians, Arabs, and motorcycle and street gangs because of his involvement in the drug trade, armed robbery and extortion.

Ducarme had hired Christopoulos as a bodyguard, and Ducarme's cousin, Lamartine Sévère Paul, alias Polo, acted as his right-hand man in such criminal activities as intimidation, according to the document.

A police investigation, it says, led authorities to believe Paul was involved in extortion, drug trafficking, pimping and loansharking and that he had several accomplices.

Authorities also speculated Paul was responsible for collecting from several businesspeople to whom Ducarme had made high-interest loans.

In November, Paul was arraigned on 11 charges of extortion and weapons possession.

The document says Paul, his brother, Vick Sévère Paul, and Fritz Gerald Michel, alias King, are members of the Reds and had been in an all-out war with a man they got into a fight with at a Laval strip club.

Police allege the trio are armed and have been roaming around searching for Joseph Arold, who has a lengthy criminal record that includes charges of extortion.

Vick Sévère Paul, who drives a white Mercedes worth about $100,000, is wanted by police in Ontario for attacking Arold with a knife.

Vick Sévère Paul also owns a $400,000 condominium - despite the fact he has never declared any income or filed income-tax returns, the document says. The document alleges the condo is financed through pimping.

(Courtesy of The Montreal Gazette)

The bold part is how didn't the government go after him? Wouldn't flags and lights start going off if someone buys a condo for $400k and they never filed a return?

Its sort of been getting worse. A while ago there was a drive by shooting in Pierrefonds and Ahunsic. Now all this mafia bs. Montreal is like turning into NY circa 1970s or something.

Dude, that is SOOO not the case! Murder numbers have been on the decline in this city for as long as I can remember. Did we even get 30 murders last year?? I remember that 10 years ago, MOntreal used to have about 45-50 murders per year(which was still a very low number) and over the past decade, that number has dropped to 35, then 30 and now I think we were under 30 murders last year.

To say that the city is going to hell is a bit of an exageration. The city is one of the safest in the freakin' world!

You guys are acting like little old ladies! ;)

Crime and murder rates are definately not one of our problems in Montreal!

Modifié par Habsfan

Its sort of been getting worse. A while ago there was a drive by shooting in Pierrefonds and Ahunsic. Now all this mafia bs. Montreal is like turning into NY circa 1970s or something.

montreal used to be like that too you know .. no need to compare to new york ;)

Dude, that is SOOO not the case! Murder numbers have been on the decline in this city for as long as I can remember. Did we even get 30 murders last year?? I remember that 10 years ago, MOntreal used to have about 45-50 murders per year(which was still a very low number) and over the past decade, that number has dropped to 35, then 30 and now I think we were under 30 murders last year.

To say that the city is going to hell is a bit of an exageration. The city is one of the safest in the freakin' world!

You guys are acting like little old ladies! ;)

Crime and murder rates are definately not one of our problems in Montreal!

En support de ton point:

http://resultbasedpolitic.blogspot.com/2008/06/le-crime-au-canada-depuis-30-ans.html

One of the guy who died was a simple painter who happened to be doing his job at that moment in the store.

Or the guy who was stabbed to death for no reason by a 16 yo street gang member last week in St-Henri.

i could continue like that with examples of people not related, not associated, jusst doing their job or enjoying a good time getting killed by those rats for no reason other than being there at that moment.

We need a stronger police force, and clean up the streets from street gangs and those villanueva type of people who do nothing good for society.

I read the latest article on the gazette and it said both victimes in the shooting were bodyguards. The other guy doing his job was in stable condition in hospital.

As for the st Henri thing, how do you know he was stabbed "for no reason" ? Were you there? It was in a sketchy bar late at night with sketchy people. Booze was probably a factor as well. And I'd like to hear all those other examples of innocent people getting killed.

It makes me laugh when people start saying thins like "this city is going to the dogs" just after they hear something happened on the news. There was a period from jan to late feb where there wasn't a single murder in the city. A city of our size in the US gets more than 20 murders every month. But yet, "this city is going to the dogs".:rolleyes:

It makes me laugh when people start saying thins like "this city is going to the dogs" just after they hear something happened on the news. There was a period from jan to late feb where there wasn't a single murder in the city. A city of our size in the US gets more than 20 murders every month. But yet, "this city is going to the dogs".:rolleyes:

Tout devient toujours pire et tout était toujours mieux dans le bon vieux temps, il ne faut jamais oublier ça. ;)

Dans bien des cas, ce qui arrive, c'est que plus un evenements se produit, plus on est desensibilise. Comme il n'y a pas beaucoup de meurtre a Montreal et au Quebec en general, lorsqu'il s'en produits quelques uns, ca fait un choc.

Je ne sais pas si c'est la bonne palce pour en parler. mais les médias nous parle et reparle tellement d'un meutre qu'on a l'impression qui en a 12 par soir. Les manchettes aux quinze minutes et le remplissage de nouvelle fait qu'on entend parler d'un événement tel qu'un meutres pour trois jours de suite.