Aller au contenu

Drummond Court Building - 10 étages (1924-2000)

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Le Drummond Court building, dont une partie abritait l'ancien YMCA, a été démoli à l'automne 2000.

C'est mentionné sur le site de Pomerleau.

Le Mirror en avait aussi parlé en 1999.

Merci pour le lien!

Here's something from the Montreal Gazette from 1928:

(Look under Real Estate Bond Issue Offered)

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1946&dat=19280529&id=AnEtAAAAIBAJ&sjid=OIwFAAAAIBAJ&pg=5996,5063227

Apparently the building on the north side of De Maisonneuve was built in 1920, and the Drummond Court Building was built in 1924. A private roadway used to exist between them linking Drummond and Stanley.

From that article in the Gazette, sounds like the building (with the grey aluminum siding) used to be an apartment building. Should be converted back to residential... God knows Montreal doesn't need so much C class office space; but we do need more residents living downtown.

From that article in the Gazette, sounds like the building (with the grey aluminum siding) used to be an apartment building. Should be converted back to residential... God knows Montreal doesn't need so much C class office space; but we do need more residents living downtown.

C class office? Is that a real thing or do you just dislike that building very much? I heard of A class and B class, not C.

Here's one from 1970. As we can see, there is a different building on the land the Roc Fleuri has been built on as well. The white building has a different facade on the front, but the same one facing westward.

No. The Roc Fleuri was build on a surface parking lot that was there for ages. The brown building that you see on the pic is still there, but it's been totaly transformed.

The building with the beige facade on De Maisonneuve used to have classrooms for Concordia. I had a few classes in the building (back in 1999-2000).

As far as class "C" buildings are concerned, yes they do exist! 1450 City-Councillors, 505 René-Lévesque O, 1410 Stanley and 980 Ste-Catherine O. are all examples of class "C" buildings!

In fact, there are 4 categories of buildings in Montreal.

1- AAA class (1250 R-L, CCE 1)

2- A class (PVM, CIBC Tower)

3- B class (555 R-L, 1200 Mcgill College Avenue)

4- C class (505 R-L, 1410 Stanley)

Modifié par Habsfan
  • Like 1

• 7 mois plus tard...
No. The Roc Fleuri was build on a surface parking lot that was there for ages. The brown building that you see on the pic is still there, but it's been totaly transformed.

I agree with Martin. I'll always remember how many times i passed by that ugly parking lot which had a big sign saying the Roc fleury tower would be built later that year, and then they'd change the year (if i don't confuse with olden days' 600 and/or more recent 900 Maisonneuve projects!) I must admit i thought it would never be built in the end... Although Roc fleuri is a tad cheesy (not anywhere near cheese-o-rama diagonal twin neighbours), i'm still glad it was built!

If i remember well, the sign was there a few years before the ground was excavated at the "horrendously American-looking" Lepine towers' location, while it was a no-man's land of gravel following the demolition of Drummond Court Bldg.

• 1 année plus tard...