Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

ok, good post. You've convinced me that for "some" people 500 sq feet is enough, but I can't understand it. Where do you put your in-laws when they come over from out of town. IN a 500 sq foot space you can't ever have guests over, cause you've got no room to accomodate them!

Anyways, I guess it isn't important! I just can't imagine people living like rats in a 490 sq foot shoebox and loving it!

The thing is a person that usually enjoys an imtimate 500 sq foot apartment won't have any visitors. Also, they'll likely spend very little time there.

My cousin in Manhattan lives in a ~700 sq foot studio and she only sleeps there and stores her things. Manhattan is such a lively place that she spends all her time outside her apartment - working, enjoying leisurely activities, walking, etc. For a person with such a lifestyle, a large living space is unnecessary.

but again, how are you expected to raise children in a 500 sq foot condo???

I can understand a young professional living by themselves living in such a small space, but this would be on a temporary basis. There's no way you can raise kids in a shoebox!

Modifié par Habsfan

• 2 mois plus tard...

Sur le plan de l'arrondissement de Ville-Marie que j'ai aperçu ce matin, ce projet y apparait comme étant autorisé. Il y avait un petit encadré avec de l'information mais malheureusement aucune photo évocatrice. En fait il y avait une photo du site mais pas de l'édifice proposé. Je rappelle qu la carte en question date du 10 septembre 2010.

Voici ce que l'encadré disait:

U3

- Construction 14 étages

- 77 unités en co-propriétés

- Commerces au rez-de-chaussé

- Investissement 9 millions

but again, how are you expected to raise children in a 500 sq foot condo???

I can understand a young professional living by themselves living in such a small space, but this would be on a temporary basis. There's no way you can raise kids in a shoebox!

He he, I just read that one and it made me chuckle a little bit. Reason being that here, a 500 sqft condo is fit for a family of 4 and sometimes, the family will get a dog.

Autres lieux, autres moeurs.

Just thought you guys would get a chuckle as well.

Modifié par Habsfan

• 1 mois plus tard...

Here's an link to an article published in Canadian Architect magazine about Unity phase 3, otherwise known as U. Seems like the renderings have been changed a bit... Looks really nice to me.

http://www.canadianarchitect.com/issues/story.aspx?aid=1000398120