Aller au contenu

1529 Sherbrooke Ouest (rénovation et agrandissement) - 6 étages

Messages recommendés

I doubt that Les Amis de la Montagne would say anything about it as the addition is not large enough to block the view of/from the mountain.

I really don't like the idea of disfiguring a beautiful old building with some "avant-garde" architectural attachment that is bound to look dated and out of place only shortly after it is built.

same here!

seriously, a group should be put together to show a different, pro-development perspective at public consultations, and perhaps get some media attention, other than mr. bumbaru. I know there has been talk of this on the forum, but has any concrete action been taken? I would be more than willing to dedicate some time.

things we could promote:

- increased density on the island

- transit oriented developments, especially around under-served metro stations

- less height restrictions

- more density, less urban sprawl

- protection of built heritage (but not in the same nimby fashion of heritage montreal)

Modifié par blue_dragon

same here!

seriously, a group should be put together to show a different, pro-development perspective at public consultations, and perhaps get some media attention, other than mr. bumbaru. I know there has been talk of this on the forum, but has any concrete action been taken? I would be more than willing to dedicate some time.

things we could promote:

- protection of built heritage (but not in the same nimby fashion of heritage montreal)

I agree, can we actually get this done?

I fully support this too.

But this needs organization and competencies

Such a group needs to have a uniform, credible and sensible opinion on urban development.

I'm sure a group of us could rally around a common set of values in terms of Montreal development *without* getting over-politicized - you don't want to appear like extremists. Some of us on the forum have a certain knowledge in terms of urbanism matter as well. We would just have to streamline our goals into a presentable manner.

:stirthepot: It is not necessary to oppose something in order to have credibility. Good ideas, good judgment, professionalism and a certain expertise is all that is needed to become a successful pressure group.

I personnally think that this forum has already most of these qualities and has the potential to influence positively the directions of majors projects in Montréal.

All we need actually is a kind of leadership and more presence towards the medias, be known and recognised by the milieu.

I personnally agree with what blue_dragon proposes and I think that the majority does too:

" things we could promote:

- protection of built heritage (but not in the same nimby fashion of heritage montreal)"

It's all a question of organisation and intention.

I agree. My intention say, is not to "destroy" Heritage Montreal, I think they do important work, as Montreal has a wonderful collection of historic properties. What bothers me is that whenever any development comes along, they monopolize the public consultation process and their views are considered as representative of what population wants, which we all know is untrue. I think a fresh perspective is needed (which is where we could come in)

I would love to have such a group get involved with the design/style aspect of projects in the city.

There are always plenty of people commenting on transport, densification, social housing, etc. but it seems as though nobody ever mention how projects LOOK.

I understand that it's hard to reach a consensus on design, but there are projects going up that are horrible and I just don't understand how they can get a permit to build such junk.