It seems like its one thats sent out all the time.

Dear Mr. Payette-Steinberg,

Thank you for your email regarding the broadband industry in Canada. I appreciate your taking the time to apprise me of your views on this matter.

The Liberal Party of Canada believes that competitive rates and accessibility for high-speed internet are key components for economic growth in Canada.

As you may know, Canada has some of the highest-cost internet access when compared to other developed nations. For example, in costs versus speed, Canada ranks 27th out of 30 OECD countries for average broadband monthly price per advertised megabit per second.

In order to compete in a global market, Canada must make the best internet service accessible to consumers at competitive rates. To achieve this, the needs of both retail and wholesale consumers should be examined. The recent Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) decision permitting Bell Canada to continue slowing access to its broadband ethernet infrastructure for smaller wholesale internet service providers is cause for concern.

In June, Liberal Industry, Science and Technology Critic Marc Garneau, expressed the Liberal Party’s support for an open and competitive internet environment. Mr. Garneau asked the Conservative government whether they supported net neutrality. However, Industry Minister Tony Clement refused to answer. Obviously, the government has not thought the matter important enough to intervene and reverse the CRTC's decision.

Thank you again for writing to me about this important matter. Please feel free to contact me again at any time should you wish to discuss this or any other public policy issues.

Sincerely,

Francis Scarpaleggia

Member of Parliament for/Député de Lac-Saint-Louis

801 Édifice de la Justice Building

House of Commons/Chambre des communes

Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0A6

Tel./tél. : (613) 995-8281

Fax/téléc. : (613) 995-0528

Email/courriel : [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

Website/site Web : www.scarpaleggia.ca<http://www.scarpaleggia.ca/>

I just emailed the CRTC and said these kind words.

When will you the CRTC finally figure out, your protectionist laws are suffering the common Canadian?

Accept change. If you do not listen to reason and let Bell, Rogers and Telus bully you into submission. I do hope in hell Industry Canada and the Government of Canada dismantle this so called "commission".

Thank you and good day,

Jesse

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Mondo_Grosso
      I know that many of you are against Montreal having it's own version of Time Square, but the point of this post is not to debate that. Rather, it's to look at potential locations if we had to chose one.
      Based on examples like Time Square in New York, Shibuya District in Tokyo,  Piccadilly Circus in London, Dundas Square in Toronto, I defined my own criteria as:
      Must be by an open area Must be close to commercial sector Must be accessible by metro At that, I have come up with Square Concordia, this is the area today:

Here is why I think that this is the ideal area:
      There are 3 large blind walls for the screens High density of 24/hour restaurants and bars High levels of foot traffic at all times Proximity to various festivals There are already renovated squares on each side of the street. The pedestrian area could be expanded to the parking lot on the right. There's a back lane in the lower right corner where food trucks could enter by and park in the square. A stage could also be setup there for events like Crescent Street Grand Prix Festival, Fantasia Film Festival, etc.

Highlighted in green are areas where a screen could go, solid green are screens on top of buildings, the yellow is where I would put food trucks or a stage:

These type of squares a great tourist attractions, both Toronto and New York list them at the top of tourist attractions. I also think that having a second public area in the west of downtown for smaller festivals would be a great compliment to the bigger festivals east at Place Des Festivals.
      Let me know what you think, if you have another suggestion, please share. Thank you for reading!

• By Cataclaw
      Est-ce que le métro devrait être en service la nuit ou est-ce que ça serait une dépense inutile?
    • By cprail
      Le PTI 2009-2010-2011 de l'AMT, comme le budget 2009, est sur le site Internet de l'agence.

Bonne lecture!
      http://www.amt.qc.ca/corpo/documents/budgets.asp
    • By jesseps
      The jury members are:

- Melvin Charney, architect; - Odile Decq, architect and Director of the École Spéciale d'Architecture, Paris; - Jacques Des Rochers, Curator of Canadian Art, Montréal Museum of Fine Arts; - Michel Dionne, architect, Cooper, Robertson & Partners, New York; - Raphaël Fischler, urban planner and professor at the School of Urban Planning, McGill University; - Mario Masson, landscape architect and Division Manager, Service du développement culturel, de la qualité du milieu de vie et de la diversité ethnoculturelle, Ville de Montréal; - Alessandra Ponte, associate professor, School of Architecture, Université de Montréal; - Philippe Poullaouec-Gonidec, landscape architect and holder of the UNESCO Chair in Landscape and Environmental Design at Université de Montréal.

Instructions for prospective entrants

(Courtesy of CNW Telbec)
    • By jesseps
      (Courtesy of Metro Montreal)