Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

It seems like its one thats sent out all the time.

Dear Mr. Payette-Steinberg,

Thank you for your email regarding the broadband industry in Canada. I appreciate your taking the time to apprise me of your views on this matter.

The Liberal Party of Canada believes that competitive rates and accessibility for high-speed internet are key components for economic growth in Canada.

As you may know, Canada has some of the highest-cost internet access when compared to other developed nations. For example, in costs versus speed, Canada ranks 27th out of 30 OECD countries for average broadband monthly price per advertised megabit per second.

In order to compete in a global market, Canada must make the best internet service accessible to consumers at competitive rates. To achieve this, the needs of both retail and wholesale consumers should be examined. The recent Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) decision permitting Bell Canada to continue slowing access to its broadband ethernet infrastructure for smaller wholesale internet service providers is cause for concern.

In June, Liberal Industry, Science and Technology Critic Marc Garneau, expressed the Liberal Party’s support for an open and competitive internet environment. Mr. Garneau asked the Conservative government whether they supported net neutrality. However, Industry Minister Tony Clement refused to answer. Obviously, the government has not thought the matter important enough to intervene and reverse the CRTC's decision.

Thank you again for writing to me about this important matter. Please feel free to contact me again at any time should you wish to discuss this or any other public policy issues.

Sincerely,

Francis Scarpaleggia

Member of Parliament for/Député de Lac-Saint-Louis

801 Édifice de la Justice Building

House of Commons/Chambre des communes

Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0A6

Tel./tél. : (613) 995-8281

Fax/téléc. : (613) 995-0528

Email/courriel : scarpf@parl.gc.ca<mailto:scarpf@parl.gc.ca>

Website/site Web : www.scarpaleggia.ca<http://www.scarpaleggia.ca/>

• 4 semaines plus tard...

I just emailed the CRTC and said these kind words.

When will you the CRTC finally figure out, your protectionist laws are suffering the common Canadian?

Accept change. If you do not listen to reason and let Bell, Rogers and Telus bully you into submission. I do hope in hell Industry Canada and the Government of Canada dismantle this so called "commission".

Thank you and good day,

Jesse