Are there any authentic German pubs or eateries in Montreal? I'm aware that there was the Vieux-Munich which closed quite a while ago. Not sure if there is anywhere else?

I know there was a German place on Sherbrooke in NDG called Bratwurst that was pretty good. I used to like their sauerkraut in particular. It has since become a Middle-Eastern establishment.

Danke sehr!

Yeah, I've heard ads for it. It might be good, but it is really far from where I live. It surely can't be the only Bavarian establishment in greater Montreal? Can it? If not, maybe its a good business opportunity. Because from what I have heard, the Vieux-Munich was always packed until it closed.

I think there is one somewhere in Mile End near Fairmount Bagels but I can be mistaken.

I am still trying to find a decent Eastern European restaurant. There was a really good one in Old Montreal. It was owned by this Yugoslavian couple, but sadly they had to close down :(

MTLskyline: I know it's not really a restaurant, but you can try one of the upcoming Christmas Bazaars: one is on the 14th of November (next Saturday) at the T.M.R. town hall; the other is the next weekend, on the 22th of November at the German School in Baie d'urfé. You usually get pretty good food and an excellent choice of cakes :) More info here.

jesseps: You should try Stash Café on St.Paul, it's probably one of the best Eastern European restaurant in Mtl.

jesseps: You should try Stash Café on St.Paul, it's probably one of the best Eastern European restaurant in Mtl.

I'll for sure check it out. I walked by it so many times. I never checked the menu. Now I did and they have Sznycel and I am so going. I just want some Goulash lol :stirthepot: