Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Thirdly, it all depends on where we decide to stop counting. If it stopped at 100, we have more, 200 - we have more, 300 - we have more, 400 - we have more 600 - we have more. Companies over a billion dollars - we have more.

Not that I'm doubting you, but where did you get these numbers? I'd like to check them out!

• 4 mois plus tard...

The Fraser Institute is a strange think tank. All these think tanks always come to the same, pre-determined conclusions. They never do any thinking after their first press release.

Fraser Institute: Western Canada good/ Eastern Canada bad, especially Central Canada, and Quebec is too unionized and overtaxed.

C.D. Howe Institute: West good/ east bad, especially Quebec.

Conference Board of Canada: Canada is not becoming a branch-plant economy/ foreign companies are not buying up Canadian companies.

What's funny is that media outlets state their "fundings" as if it's a surprise. Of course those right wing think tanks are gonna play up Western Canada and throw dirt on Quebec and Ontario, that's what they always do!! It's classic boosterism. All a ploy to get more people to move from the heartland (Central Canada) to the hinterland (Alberta and their tar sands). I'm convinced there's some nefarious political motivation to this. Watch how every 3 or 4 months, one of the "think tanks" I mentioned above will come out with a study or an OP-ED promoting their pre-determined conclusions masquerading as serious academic study. Watch for it!

Please note, I'm not saying their findings are bogus, but they repackage things they've already presented and then it gets reported as news. We all know Alberta's economy is on fire, but not all of us want to move there. Please stop trying to bleed Quebec and Ontario dry of their population, because it's not gonna work.