Combien d'entre vous ont la Télévision haute définition (TVHD)? Quel est votre service (Vidéotron Illico, Bell Expressvu, StarChoice)? Quel type de télé (marque, taille, LCD/Plasma, etc)? HD-DVD ou Blu-Ray?

J'ai un Sharp Aquos LC-26D43U. C'est un télé LCD de 26 pouces de très haute qualité, avec une belle image. Mon service est Illico qui a un bon prix, mais a des problèmes de fiabilité, et le service à la clientèle inférieure . Je suis indécis concernant HD-DVD contre Blu-Ray.

------------------------------------------------

Who here has High-Definition Television (HDTV)?What service are you using (Vidéotron Illico, Bell Expressvu, StarChoice)?What kind of TV do you have (brand, size, LCD/Plasma, etc)?HD-DVD or Blu-Ray?

I have a Sharp Aquos LC-26D43U. It is a high-quality 26-inch LCD television with a very nice picture. My service is Illico which has a good price, but has reliability problems and bad customer service. I am undecided about HD-DVD vs. Blu-Ray.

I will be soon in the market to purchase a Blu-Ray. I beleive HD DVD will slowly fade away like BETA did 20 or more so years ago.

that's what i like about the xbox hd-dvd add-on, 200$ came with a free movie, much cheaper than those standalone hd-dvd player, if the format dies in 5 years, so much, i'll have my hd-dvd library and my "cheap" player

when beta came out my parents bought the high-end sony beta player, they payed about 500$ for that back in the 80's, even if the format died, we kept it untill 2002 when the player when bust and we were still using it sometimes to watch older movies we recorded and liked.

Have never seen anything in BETA, I heard the image is superior to VHS but inferior to DVD. My parents were VHS people up until the DVD phase.

I am leaning towards getting the HD-DVD Xbox 360 add-on because it is just about the cheapest of either format that you can buy.

One question though. Does it attach to the 360 (like on top), or does it replace the current disk drive?

Have never seen anything in BETA, I heard the image is superior to VHS but inferior to DVD. My parents were VHS people up until the DVD phase.

I am leaning towards getting the HD-DVD Xbox 360 add-on because it is just about the cheapest of either format that you can buy.

One question though. Does it attach to the 360 (like on top), or does it replace the current disk drive?

it's a separate box that's attached to the xbox with a usb cable, there are even ways to plug it in your pc and use it there

• Administrator

Sony Wega 55" LCD rear projection, avec illico HD PVR, très bonne qualité. J'ai ni un hddvd ou blu-ray... pour l'instant. Mais c'est sur que je vais aller vers le HD-DVD comme lecteur stand alone (j'ai une xbox360 en passant).

Contrairement à ce que ornello dis, c'est bien le blu-ray qui va mourir comme le beta (un autre format sony), comme le ATRAC ( un autre format sony), les memory stick (un autre format sony), miniDisc (un autre format sony), etc etc.

Sony ne comprenderas jamais de ses erreurs... en somme que le prix l'emporte toujours sur la supériorité technologique.

Service: Bell ExpressVu

TV: Panasonic TH-42PX75

HD-DVD / Blu-ray: Not yet. Sticking with DVD right now. I am going for Blu-ray though.

Hopefully, I'll change it soon. Would be nice to have a 1080p, 160-180 Hz refresh, 500,000:1 contrast ratio LCD TV. Actually Samsung has that now but it is 100 Hz refresh

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player: $100, this Friday, Wal-Mart

Posted Nov 1st 2007 1:46AM by Ryan Block

Filed under: HDTV, Home Entertainment

cheap-wal-mart-hd-a2.jpg

Still waiting to jump into the high def disc game? Or just wanted another weaker, cheaper player for the last-gen TV you phased out to your rumpus room? Well, whatever your reasons, some (not all!) Wal-Mart locations will be selling Toshiba HD-A2s for $100 -- down from $200 -- this Friday. Ridiculous, we know. Blu-ray gonna fight back? We hope so, we'd really like to get our hands on one for under $300, and not just by using our hookup that sells gear out of his trunk, you know?

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in]