Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

why hide the base of the stadium with a construction that won't fit the design or that was never meant to go there.

We should respect the olympic stadiums architectural concept.

Just like everyone else, it pisses me off that it took decades to pay for it.

BUT, it is a beautiful concept. I prefer our stadium to many other stadiums in North America. It does have a futuristic look that is quite sharp.

So why hide a main aspect of it with a 30 million building.

I still think it would be best placed on the shores of the Peel Basin.

I'd see a big black pearl like structure - a black glass or aluminium sphere - at night lit with miniature lights mimicking the astronomy around our globe.

During the day - projections from inside showing the different weather patterns affecting our planet could be displayed onto the black pearl.

• Réponses 289
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

Photos publiées

EN terme de design, c'est vrai que le stade est beau. C'est juste dommage qu'il soit devenu un éléphant blanc!

En effet. Je rêve d'un nouvel éclairage sur la tour, avec de nouvelles technologies, comme la tour du CN. Ça pourrait être spectaculaire, surtout si on éclairait pas juste la tour, mais aussi les immense arrêtes du stade lui-même.

I think that the Olympic Stadium is an amazing architectural achievement. It is unfortunate that the financial burden it caused tainted it's outlook for so many people.

I hope that the New Planetarium complements the overall feel of the complex. The location of the new facility with direct access to the underground parking, a link to the Bio Dome and it's proximity to the Botanical Gardens and Insectarium make it a great location. It is now a question of the Architect to make this new facility complement it's surrounding.

I wonder what Roger Taillibert would have constructed here. Unfortunatly he seems to be discontented with the longterm situation regarding the Olympic Complex. On his web site he posts his opinion on our Olympic Complex. http://www.agencetaillibert.com/uk/rubrique.asp?ref_PAGE=2172

The existing Planetarium was built on the site of the old Bonaventure Station. It is too bad that we lost this building. Could the existing Planetarium structure be utilized by the École de technologie supérieure?

74080000.jpg

PLT : je ne suis pas sûr que la gare Bonaventure était là. J'ai plutôt l'impression qu'elle se situait du côté ouest de la rue Peel.

On a perdu la gare entre autre parce qu'il y a eu un incendie (mars 1916) à la suite duquel toute la partie supérieure de l'édifice est disparue. Tronquée de ce qui faisait vraiment sa valeur architecturale -à savoir son couronnement mansardé- la gare n'avait plus aucun intérêt.

Ensuite, sa proximité avec la gare du CPR, le déclin du Grand Trunk Railways et un dernier incendie en 1948 ont provoqué la disparition de la gare.

garebonaventure1ih9.jpg

Sur cette photo, on s'imagine que la gare se trouve à l'angle sud-ouest des rues St-Jaques et Peel.

garebonaventure2eo7.jpg

Looking at some old maps and photos I believe that Gare Bonaventure was located on the south-east corner of rues St-Jaques and Peel, the presnt location of the Planetarium and Peel street ended at the tracks behind the station. The north section of Peel street (formerly called Windsor Street) was joined with the southern section of Peel street (formerly called Colborne Street) after Gare Central was made into the primary train station for Montreal

The front side of Bonaventure Station faced Rue De La Cathedrale. (near the 720 sign on the first picture)

This is an overlay of a photo taken in 1930 and the present view from Google Earth.

2103649283_29412e3a9d_b.jpg

This is an overlay of a map from 1894 and the present view from Google Earth.

2103648767_1ea5a89299_b.jpg