Honestly the reflective paint they use/do not use for the road, to divide the lanes suck especially at night and when its raining. I ended up driving on lakeshore all the way downtown, crap it looked like one huge lane LOL. I have no clue how LKA (lane keep assist) going to work in these shitty conditions.

:stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

Reason I took the scenic route, seeing I haven't driven on the highway in a good 5-6 years. Plus I only drive every 6 months. I dislike driving, seeing there is so many damn maniacs on the road.

Thats my rant for this beautiful saturday morning.

Reason I took the scenic route, seeing I haven't driven on the highway in a good 5-6 years. Plus I only drive every 6 months. I dislike driving, seeing there is so many damn maniacs on the road.

my theory is that you drive under or on the speed limit which drive people nuts then you see all those "maniacs" passing you :P

mu buddy used to say exactly the same thing, i got in the car with him and the reason was the slow speed... he adjusted ;)

about the paint, its typical for spring time, lanes have been erased due to the weather, in the next coming weeks they will repaint them.

Yeah, you gotta follow traffic. That means on a typical highway you need to do 110-120 if you want to follow traffic.

My car's "sweet spot" in terms of efficiency is ~116km/h, so on long trips i usually set cruise control to 116km/h (unless i'm in a hurry).

Don't worry about the fact that you're technically speeding. I've never seen a cop stop anyone for doing 120km/h. In fact i've never seen a cop on the highway roll at LESS than 120km/h :silly: Just don't push it to 130km/h if you value the contents of your wallet!

Bottom line - it's dangerous to go significantly faster than the average speed of traffic, and it's dangerous to go significantly slower than the average speed of traffic. Can you imagine doing 120km/h and you come up to some guy doing 60km/h (the minimum)? Dangerous.

As for the paint.. yeah. They redid a segment of Ch. Chambly in Longueuil last year, so now the road is brand spankin new, but the lines are already washed out! Barely visible! Crazy. Wish they'd use better paint..

My car's "sweet spot" in terms of efficiency is ~116km/h, so on long trips i usually set cruise control to 116km/h (unless i'm in a hurry).

shhhhhhh faut pas le dire aux écolos... rouler à 90kmh c'est toujours ce qu'il y a de plus efficaces (sans égars à la grosseur du moteur, l'aérodynamique, la météo, et milles et un autre facteur):rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::stirthepot: :stirthepot:

My rant is that hybrid vehicles are now getting privileged parking spots (next to the handicap spots)! Give me a break!

That's the first i've heard of that! Sounds like a good incentive if you ask me.. as long as they don't go overboard and stick a ton of spots. One or two, sure why not!

My rant is that hybrid vehicles are now getting privileged parking spots (next to the handicap spots)! Give me a break!

hahaha where is this?

Logically, hybrids should not be allowed too close from handicap's place because they do not pollute at low speed. So, does it matter if they park further away ? The closest spot from store's entrances should be marked "not for hybrids" !!

Home Depot Hybrid Parking Abused

Cars.com’s intrepid photographer Chase Agnello-Dean was running errands today, official ones we hear, when he came across an intriguing parking lot feature at a Chicago Home Depot. It seems this Home Depot in a congested part of the city reserves close parking spots for those who drive alternative fuel vehicles. Who knew? It’s not like we live in California or anything.

Obviously customers either haven’t figured out the concept yet or don’t mind disregarding it as a Land Rover Discovery was nonchalantly parked in one of the spots. Harrumph!

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2007/04/home_depot_hybr.html