You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By mtlurb
      I feel a bit nostalgic, last year in December I went to visit my home country for the first time since coming to Montréal.

I was shocked the moment I entered the "International" Airport of Damascus, I knew right away I was in a different planet.

I thought that my initial shock would pass away, but no, it went from one shock to another.

When I left Syria I was 7 years old, and I remember barely anything from there, while being born in Aleppo (second largest city), I lived all my life in a small town (300k) by the name of Al Qamishly on the border with Turkey and near Iraq.

That city became slowly invaded by poor and restless Kurds.

Everyone was telling me that Damascus was beautiful, modern, etc... well I can tell you that after seeing what Damascus was all about, I was not so thrilled to see the smaller towns and villages.

Oh well, here's the tale in pictures of a spoiled Montrealer in Syria:

First signs of western influence, laughed my ass off:)

It is believed there's something like 4000 mosque in Damascus alone... thats alot of highrises

THis is the Parlimant of the Syrian Republic... I took the pic without being noticed by the secret service dudes near me in an unmarked white car:D

A pedestrian only street, you can shop all you want

My host, Roudain

One of the most if not most important shopping streets in Damascus

The almighty Ministry of Economy and Trade... aka Mafia

...err Club not Clup

Steets in eternal old Damascus:

In Montreal we call that a ruelle, but its almost ten time smaller... yes people do live here

Notice the black exterior walls, they were white but because of the pollution they became black....

Satelite dishes paradise.......

Notice the mountain in the background and the dark area at its bottom...

the dark is in reality savage construction done everywhere without any control or restraint... sad, imagine the Mont-Royal like that...

Commie blocks

Thats inside a restaurant on top of the mountain, sadly its empty because no one goes out in "winter"

The patio...

Damascus at night from the mountain

Day one is over, i will post more in the coming days...
    • By Urbain
      Bon je viens de faire le tour des projets et je n'ai pas vue ce projet le 2950, Boul. St-Martin, Laval / 8 étages en face du Centropolis.

À voir ici:

Photo du rendu par moi sur le site du projet à côté du Palais de justice Provincial.

source de l'info ÉricdeMtl sur SSP
    • By Maisonneuve
      This whole Subban-Richards affair raised a lot of discussion in the media about hockey and the culture of hockey acceptance of things outside of the norm. Lol, in typical Canadian fashion, that's how the discussions were framed, since (white) Canadians are not secure enough or comfortable talking about race, even though race is an under-current of the issue. Not saying that Richards is racist, because I don't know that, but as a Black Canadian myself, the whole discussion raised a lot of questions for me about discrimination in hockey.

I never played organized hockey (I don't count the 2,3 games I played in high school back in the mid-1990's), so I don't know. All I know is that when I was growing up I was really into hockey and people would tell me "you shouldn't play hockey", "why are you playing hockey", etc...and that was from my black relatives/family. I've never had a white person tell me those things, but remember that this is Canada, so they may be shy to tell you what they really think. What I do know is that most hockey players who speak a certain way similar to Kirk Muller or Jerome Iginla, get labeled as "good guys" by their teammates, coaches, GM's and media types. I put Iginla's name in there because some of these "good guys" have been black. But is there discrimination in hockey? Yes.

I think discrimination does exist in hockey, but I wouldn't go as far as to go "Al Sharpton" or "Jesse Jackson" on their ass, because I don't think it's that widespread. I believe it exist, but at what level, I can't say. I view racism, discrimination and prejudices, like the clouds in the sky:
      Some days there's more clouds than others.
      Some places there's more clouds than others.
      But even on a bright day, with a clear blue sky,
      If you look close enough at the horizon, you'll see clouds.

If you think about it, that's true both in reality and in metaphor. Especially here in Canada where (white) Canadians feel uncomfortable openly discussing issues dealing about race. At least in America, even with the KKK, the Republicans of today and the Democrats of yesterday and other forms of historic institutional racism, (white) Americans can still have intelligent discussions on racial issues on CNN or in other political and/or public forums without fear of being labeled a racist. In Canada, people, especially white Canadians, feel strange talking about that. They "don't want to go there." Are they afraid of speaking their mind? At least in the US you know where people stand. If they don't like you, you'll know. But here in Canada, people are so secretive about their racism that I just keep to my cloud analogy. I'm assuming that analogy is true for hockey as well.
    • By monctezuma
      Nouveau projet Accès Condos

Le Via3 rassemble trois types d’habitation en un projet résidentiel divers. On y retrouve des maisons de ville sur trois niveaux et des condos d’une ou de deux chambres à coucher sur un ou deux niveaux, de quoi répondre aux besoins de tout type de ménages. Ce projet mixte est réparti dans trois bâtiments distincts en bois-brique disposés de façon à créer, au centre, une cour intérieure toute en verdure, clairsemée par le feuillage d’arbres et de petits arbustes. C’est à la fois une superbe oasis de détente pour vos après-midis lecture et un espace sécuritaire dédié à une aire de jeux pour les plus petits.

Outre la cour intérieure, le parc Lasalle, situé à seulement quelques coins de rue du Via3, offre une belle variété d’activités pour les personnes de tout âge. Ainsi, que vous aimiez pratiquer la natation, le baseball, le basketball, la planche à roulettes, le tennis ou même la pétanque, cet immense espace vert saura vous combler.

Le quartier Lachine demeure avant tout familial et les alentours de l’ensemble résidentiel Le Via3 ne sont pas en reste. La charmante rue Provost est entre autres bordée par un bon nombre de restaurants, par des banques, des pharmacies, une boulangerie, une pâtisserie et une chocolaterie, tandis que les rues avoisinantes font place à des épiceries, un centre de la petite enfance, un centre de conditionnement physique, un aréna, une SAQ, ainsi que des services essentiels comme l’Hôpital de Lachine.

SPÉCIFICATIONS**

42 unités réparties dans 3 bâtiments distincts.
      Bâtiment A : 11 unités de 3cc sur 3 niveaux.
      Bâtiment B : 7 unités de 3cc sur 3 niveaux.
      Bâtiment C : 1 studio sur 1 niveau, 1 unité de 1cc au rez-de-jardin, 8 unités de 1cc sur
      2 niveaux, 7 unités de 2cc sur 1 niveau, 1 unité de 2cc sur
      2 niveaux et 6 unités de 2cc+ sur 2 niveaux.
      Structure en bois, brique et béton.
      Insonorisation de qualité.
      Chauffage électrique, thermostats électroniques et climatisation de type bi-bloc (offerte en option).
      37 places de stationnement intérieur (offertes en option) et 11 places de stationnement extérieur incluses dans le prix des maisons de ville du bâtiment B.
      Les unités du bâtiment C possèdent un espace de rangement désigné au niveau garage.

http://www.accescondos.org/fr/projet-info/94/Projet-residentiel-Le-Via3/
    • By mtlurb
      Nom : B-Loft
      Hauteur : Phase 1 : nouvel édifice ayant 17 unités sur 3 étages — Phase 2 : Conversion de l'Usine B en 55 unités

Promoteur : Groupe Dargis
      Emplacement: 1830, rue Panet, dans le Village

Début de construction : 2013
      Fin de construction : 2014 (Phase 1), 2015 (Phase 2)

Description :
      Lofts industriels allant de 406 à 1574 pi2
      Le nouvel édifice sera construit dans le stationnement
      Une cour intérieure privée
      Un stationnement souterrain avec espaces de rangement
      Un cellier commun avec espaces privatifs
      Deux terrasses communes sur le toit offrant une vue panoramique sur Montréal (sur 2 niveaux différents)
      Un chalet urbain et un spa
      Des unités sur 2 étages, certaines avec une terrasse privée et d'autres avec une cour anglaise

Prix : À partir de 186 900$ taxes incluses.

Site web : http://www.jesuisloft.com/