Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

I wrote to Moshe Safdie:

I've been hospitalized because of a major car accident for several times and for several months. So I know what it's like to be in a bed for months on end. So I wrote to make suggestions and to keep some things under consideration from the point of view of a patient. among the suggestions: I suggested that patient windows should ideally face the Downtown / Mountain - placing offices and labs on the South and West side and gave my reasoning. Things like bathrooms, eating and other challenges.... Anyhow, here was his response.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are looking forward to beginning

work and starting to think of just how a patient should be experiencing

the hospital environment..

Best wishes,

Moshe Safdie

Je pense que c de tres gros projets - avec une complexité énorme, les deux projet progresse mais a different rhythme. Ils semble que le CHUM soit déja dessiné - et que le MUHC ne soit pas encore pres a montré. Et quand il le sera - croyais moi que les gens de Westmount, NDG auront leurs mot a dire.

I wrote to Moshe Safdie:

I've been hospitalized because of a major car accident for several times and for several months. So I know what it's like to be in a bed for months on end. So I wrote to make suggestions and to keep some things under consideration from the point of view of a patient. among the suggestions: I suggested that patient windows should ideally face the Downtown / Mountain - placing offices and labs on the South and West side and gave my reasoning. Things like bathrooms, eating and other challenges.... Anyhow, here was his response.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are looking forward to beginning

work and starting to think of just how a patient should be experiencing

the hospital environment..

Best wishes,

Moshe Safdie

Cool, merci d'avoir partagé ça avec nous!

• Administrateur

hey c'est nice de sa part!!

j'ai hate de voir ces deux hopitaux, j'espere juste que le prochain gouvernement va pas les faire sauter et les mettre sous le tapis.

• 1 mois plus tard...
A long-awaited plan for rerouting traffic to the proposed

McGill University Health Centre at the former Glen rail yard was unveiled at a public meeting last night, but it created as many questions as answers.

Pam McEntee, an Addington St. homeowner, complained about a concrete sound wall to be built along her street from Sherbrooke St. to de Maisonneuve Blvd. "Where's my light going to go? And my air?" she demanded.

But Pierre Jobin, an engineer with the Cote des Neiges/Notre Dame de Grace borough, said 78 per cent of Addington St. residents said in a survey they wanted the wall. Only half the street's residents voted, however.

Other highlights of the traffic plan, to cost $96 million and to be implemented by 2013, are:

- Widening Decarie Blvd. between St. Jacques St. and de Maisonneuve to six lanes, three in each direction.

- Creating a roundabout at Upper Lachine Rd. and Girouard Ave. and redirecting traffic from Upper Lachine to Crowley Ave., near one of the two main hospital entrances on Decarie Blvd.

- Building a new on-ramp from Girouard to Highway 15 south.

- Changing de Maisonneuve to a two-way thoroughfare between Girouard and Decarie Blvd. to handle traffic from an exit ramp off the Decarie Expressway.

- A new intersection on St. Jacques St. to accommodate a service entrance for MUHC staff.

3 way in both directions, took them that long to figure out we need more lanes.

This city needs more lanes everywhere!

• 1 mois plus tard...
  • Administrateur

Quebec superhospitals will be public-private projects

Last Updated: Monday, June 18, 2007 | 2:38 PM ET

CBC News

New buildings in Quebec's ambitious expansion plan for Montreal's teaching hospitals will be built through partnership with the private sector, the government announced on Monday.

New facilities planned for McGill University and the University of Montreal's teaching hospitals (MUHC and CHUM respectively) will be financed through private-public partnerships known as PPPs, said Health Minister Philippe Couillard.

A consortium of private enterprises will finance, design and build both new teaching hospitals, which estimates say will cost $3.6 billion — and will maintain the facilities for three decades.

A PPP model is the only way to ensure the projects see the light of day, the health minister said.

"It guarantees proper maintenance of the buildings for thirty years. Look at the state of our hospitals and schools now. Why did this happen? Because we didn't put the money as a government and as a society in the last thirty years to maintain our buildings, and keep them in good condition," Couillard explained at a Montreal press conference on Monday.

The CHUM is expected to cost about $850 million, with an additional $215 for the hospital's research centre. The MUHC's budget is about $1.1 billion.

The government will launch its tender process at the end of June, and expects to have a detailed budget and timeline established by spring 2008.