Aller au contenu

peluche

Messages recommendés

I don't think the fact that a minor candidate is part of Opus Dei should be something so troubling or what Duceppe talks about all day.

As far As I know, you're the one who brought up Opus Dei in this thread. And yes, not everything about Opus Dei in the Davinci COde was true, but most of it was.

Opus Dei is part of the Catholic church and under the jurisdiction of the Pope. If one has such a problem with Opus Dei then they might as well have a problem with the Catholic church and Catholics altogether.

I was born and raised a Catholic, however as I grew up, i starting asking questions which the church had no answers for. After a while, I realised that I did not believe in the concept of a higher power or whatever it is you wanna call it. IN general I donT' have a problem with catholics who pray in their church or in their homes. BUt when they start preaching their bull shit as part of their political agenda, that's when I start having a problem.

And if you're all so concerned with keeping religion where it belongs, in the church, any volunteers for hiking up Mount Royal and getting rid of that cross?

I'd have absolutely no problems with removing the Cross on Mont-Royal. Even though I agree with almost everything Toxik said, I don find it somewhat hippocritical of people who say that the Cross is more of a historical symbol than a religious one. It's a damn cross, how much more of a religious symbol could you put up on Mont-Royal. It's be the same as saying that we should put a start of David or a Crescent moon next to the cross to represent the large Jewinsh and uslinm populations of Montreal. I donT' buy it for one minute!

Secularism is a religion. People can be just as fanatical about it.

In a sense it might be, but I preach the theory of LIVE AND LET LIVE! I try not to impose my way of thinking on other people. I might believe that they are misguided or delusional, but that's my belief, and I won't rub it in their faces! If they wanna pray, fine. If they wanna fast during the holidays, that's fine too. But please, DO NOT impose your religious ideals or views on me!

I will never tell my daughter that she can't marry some guy because he's Hindu or a muslim. I will never tell my kids that they have to believe and fear a higher power called "God".

And if you're all so concerned with keeping religion where it belongs, in the church, any volunteers for hiking up Mount Royal and getting rid of that cross? No more height restrictions!

La limite de hauteur est selon l'élévation par rapport au niveau de la mer du Mont-Royal. La croix n'a rien à voir là dedans.

http://ville.montreal.qc.ca/pls/portal/docs/page/plan_urbanisme_fr/media/documents/080616_hauteurs_25.pdf