Aller au contenu

Waldorf Astoria Montréal - 35 étages (2007)

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

YES! This is the kind of news I've been longing for. A prestigious hotel brand other than your Marriotts!!

I wish the rendering as shown on this thread isn't indicative of what will be built. Also, can we go higher than 32 floors!? 40 - 42 floors will make me sleep better at nights. Other than that, I'm jacked at this news. St.Regis, Four Seasons or perhaps the Shangri-La?

"If you build it, they will come"

Can't forget the Mandarin Oriental

• Administrateur

Oups, j'oubliais :

Ça m'étonnerait que ce projet passe rapidement comme le Hilton a pu faire, parce que la limite de hauteur pour ce terrain est 80 mètres.

Un petit calcul rapide :

80 / 32 = 2,5 mètres par étages.

On peut donc prédire une consultation publique...

You know what.. even if the design doesn't change and the initial rendering sticks - i say : awesome.

I like the rendering we've been shown, i like that two-towers sort of look, something Montreal is lacking. Post-modern? Some hints of art deco? Hard to tell, the rendering is small, but it's definitely not in the same category as, say, the Louis Boheme... Is that a problem? I say no. I think a mix of architectural styles that don't clash and instead complement each other, all in good taste, is what makes a city great, architecturally, and i think this sort of building has a lot of charm and would do good to spruce up an area saturated with some ugly apartment/condo towers.

EDIT : Wow cool le video! Wow.. le proprio du resto aime le projet! DES.. DES.. YIMBY! Une espece rare fait une apparition! HOURA!

Only 80 meters?

The height limit for that zone is 80 meters... but 32 floors would definitely exceed that, by a significant margin too, especially if we're talking spacious high-ceiling hotel lobby, that kind of thing. The foor heights won't compare to office floor heights, typically higher, but yeah this will require authorization from the city...

Ce qui me fais le plus plaisir c'est que ce sera le premier waldorf astoria du Canada, devant tous les Toronto, Vancouver... Montréal est tjs là!!:thumbsup:

true, for once montreal gets an interesting hotel project before those two and calgary sort of gaining (in different projects) :thumbsdown:

all i can say the future is bright for Canada.